• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bargain GW

This jacket is over the top...and a great price. Must be from John Chapman's "skunkworks" of experimental jackets!?

Note, this is like a 42 SHORT most likely. The sleeves are short and the front flap is 22.5"...most JC jackets in the sz 44 and 46 range are 24.5"...this is going to be a belt buckle buster for most of you guys. This is for someone 5'9" or shorter IMO.

CRAZY Aero though...wow.

Dr H

rrackleyadams said:
This jacket is over the top...and a great price. Must be from John Chapman's "skunkworks" of experimental jackets!?

Note, this is like a 42 SHORT most likely. The sleeves are short and the front flap is 22.5"...most JC jackets in the sz 44 and 46 range are 24.5"...this is going to be a belt buckle buster for most of you guys. This is for someone 5'9" or shorter IMO.

CRAZY Aero though...wow.

It depends on the trousers that you'll be wearing. I'm 5'8" and I need 24.5" wind flap for the jacket to work with jeans (unless I'm wearing my fishtail trousers)...

Jeff M

Roughwear said:
arclight said:
Measurements look OK to me if it's built like a wartime 44, fitting like a present day 42 as JC often does.

It must be a very small wartime 44 then as most are 23"-24" pit to pit, 19" to 19-5" across the shoulders and sleeves are around 25". This jacket would fit like a typical wartime 42.

That was my thought also.
Was interested..till I saw the chest measurement.
I wear a size 44 mens jacket...size 43" chest. I think this jacket would strangle me.