• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bargain Buzz B-10

Peter Graham

With all the recent talk of Buzz B-10's I thought I would post pics of this one I picked this up a little while ago for a bargain BIN from a seller in Indonesia. The seller had slightly suspect feedback but I pulled the trigger anyway. Less than a week later it arrived exactly as described and customs free. The reasons it was cheap are that it had a pocket button missing and the zipper had been replaced with a Conmar from an L-2B. A quick rummage in the parts box sorted the button and I replaced the L-2B zipper slider with an original WW2 Conmar slider complete with the correct leather puller. Of course I now have a nickel zipper with a brass puller but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. This is the Buzz house model but appears to be based on the Stagg jackets and I prefer the collar shape and pocket flap design of this one to the Roughwear model. I would say that this jacket is a few years old but is in great condition and has faded to a pleasing combat worn light olive. No sign of the knits fading to red yet Mezz ;) . Buzz make great jackets but they never get them totally right. The sleeves seem overly long and a bit too blousy. I may have them shortened someday. A detail that really bugged me is the decal. On an original, with an ink based decal, it would have faded with the jacket but BR have used some sort of plastic based heat applied decal that stays bright and crisp but looks totally wrong on a faded jacket so I took a piece of fine grade sand paper and started to carefully sand the decal using a circular motion. I was careful not to go over the edges as before starting I tested the sand paper under an epaulette and it scores the cotton. After about fifteen minutes of careful sanding the decal had lost it's shiny newness and was looking more like a faded original. So I'm really happy with the jacket now. A 38 might have been better for me but it will make a great winter wearer for a bargain price.

Decal after sanding

Rutger

That's a fine looking jacket, I got to get me one some day. From the pics it looks like to me the fur, cuffs, waistband and cloth are all in excellent and totally presentable condition.
My experience with the decals is that they fade quickly on nylon jackets, maybe because they don't adhere as well to nylon as they do to cloth (or maybe the dry cleaning is to blame for that).

You might consider having the sleeves shortened a bit.

It's a tag size 40; does it fit like the nylon BR jackets with tag size 40?

Checked tangorak's feed back just yesterday as he's got an L2A on offer (which does seem to have a fault with the waist band), but the only negative feedback he's got isn't the type of feedback that would scare me away or even make me have second thoughts. His descriptions are always clear in pointing out fading, damage, etc.

Over the past three years I bought several BR jackets from Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand, and just once I got a jacket that must have been hanging in the kitchen for a couple of years because it had an enormous smell of Indonesian spices. Woollite in handwarm water solved it (and the stains).
Another thing is that from that part of the world jackets tend to be more faded than when from Europe.

MikeyB-17

Looks good, Man! Only B-10 I ever had was an Aero prototype with a thin alpaca lining that was more like tweed. Must get a decent one one of these days.

Peter Graham

Rutger said:
It's a tag size 40; does it fit like the nylon BR jackets with tag size 40?

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I am quite chuffed with it. I really miss my Stagg B-10 and this goes some way to replacing it. Sorry Rutger. I can't comment. I've never owned a size 40 BR jacket.

ausreenactor

I nearly put a bid on the Superior Togs the other day, after all this B-10 talk. I felt I needed one.
Today I arrived home for the first time in six months. Found a mint BR Rough Wear B-10 in 42.
Forgot I had bought it. Two A-2s, B-10, D-2, 37J1 and ERDL SEAL jacket. And then there was the
eBay stuff. ATF Ike 40R, ATF Mackinaw (first wool run), ATF Khaki Shirts (3), ATF Khaki Trousers,
ATF Wool Shirt, ATF Wool Trousers, ATF M-43 Jacket 40R (2), ATF M-41 Summer (L), Original M-51(M-R)
and all the badges to suit...

I love WWII cloth!! Now a talented artist with a Sharpie could enhance my M-41 or M-43 for me? Any
takers?

Couchy

ausreenactor

Peter Graham said:
ausreenactor said:
Now a talented artist with a Sharpie could enhance my M-41 or M-43 for me? Any
takers?

Jerome ?....Sorry, that was cruel. :)

I spoke to Jerome prior to leaving on deployment. He was shipping the jacket back as is. It never arrived. I am flying to the US in December. Contemplating lobbing at the door. Would be worth the flight cost to see the look on his face. Just disappointed now. I offered to send the dollars for shipping, which would run to $75 plus, then and there. He insisted it was on him. There are artists out there that can do similar work; however, they have realistic timelines. Home for three weeks and will be making some calls...at all hours..

Couchy

Peter Graham

Couchy, sad to hear that this saga is still dragging on. Hopefully you'll be reunited with your jacket sometime soon.

Peter Graham

Shortly after I took the photos I had 1 1/2 inches taken off the sleeves and that improved the jacket no end. It's mostly taken over from my M-65 as a daily winter wearer and has proved to be hard wearing, warm and very comfortable. A good buy.