• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B6 or B3?????

a2jacketpatches

I was way off at first thinking this was a Navy jacket until a guy pointed out the neck strap and ID'd as a B6. But the more I look the collar looks way big for that. So I'm guessing the second neck strap is just hidden in the dark shadow and this is a B3. Whaddaya think?

Roughwear

It is a B-3. The collar is too thick for a B-6 and you can just make out the leather sleeve facing on his left sleeve.

Robman

Also the zip appears to be a Conmar, which I haven't seen on a B6, although I certainly could be wrong about that.

mr_lits

Here is a photo of an Arnoff with a Conmar zip.
X-7loICJQEf6J1j0wDich6cWZAXggmwfH35Ey_eBUodCFyYq4OvSk4JY4qyGbRlP0UJaDeuEuuxtfyVB4S9YqadNxVZ6RoZO-qGSL7JEv2Zp3acq4zZR-wkXo51skXFh9DJ03v1Aj6JfGDJN6jac7XrjN7ZwTKFz5w9huyyFTmk_dkxNgeYgNQGe3Xn693HmSULb5PPsiVzbDJWsUX6Vdkls2oyEM8Q_sLLv1rIcID_ZNbxF9xK5utgc7_-okra1LssUAXgzSumTUOebff4beHsXSnhiP8EZMwD0TDsE-l-zHrbHRAADGIPOnoJdUwl3onaqONlp97IqEypUvEJTAUWC8TMk0w_iR4cngzWj9Ur2AkMPJppeHkKDCHEKJD7OhCjcip5jQj8RilAEGqt4d2M4FcgQd20azM9Y4w_Go0ZDNauFDsxwq_vLMKUNNXrnzzrHANxxXWvPdWUfxRtbg0MUloFZt1Xo-JEZ184NftQlrz9zfMD_69uU8kDX-7mfKSmSqprAXU06LNh84wzqXSWrrk73C5tQrjRaXTXAu2U=w709-h853-no

airfrogusmc

a2jacketpatches said:
airfrogusmc said:
M-445?

The collar size the thicker sheepskin and see the wind flap?

My guess is M 445. Not B6 or B-3

That was my first guess but the 445 doesn't have collar straps does it?

You can button it up so its under collar but there is one. The M444 doesn't have a collar strap. Just a real long zipper that closes the collar.

a2jacketpatches

Well to be honest I hope you're wrong. This photo was posted on another forum where I was first corrected from the M445 to B6. Then I posted here and got a few reasons why it's a B3. Would love and hate to find out I was correct the first time. But hey, let us get to the bottom of this.

airfrogusmc

a2jacketpatches said:
Well to be honest I hope you're wrong. This photo was posted on another forum where I was first corrected from the M445 to B6. Then I posted here and got a few reasons why it's a B3. Would love and hate to find out I was correct the first time. But hey, let us get to the bottom of this.

I don't think I am wrong. Collar size, wind flap with sheepskin and sheepskin depth are wrong for B-6. I really believe it is an M-445.

a2jacketpatches

airfrogusmc said:
a2jacketpatches said:

I don't think I am wrong. Collar size, wind flap with sheepskin and sheepskin depth are wrong for B-6. I really believe it is an M-445.

I think you're / we're right, and I'm a little embarrassed that I turned so quickly :oops: After a little more poking around he appears to be wearing the
USN NAF TYPE 1092 AVIATOR'S LEATHER FLYING HELMET

and

ANJ 6530 Goggles.

airfrogusmc

a2jacketpatches said:
airfrogusmc said:
a2jacketpatches said:

I think you're / we're right, and I'm a little embarrassed that I turned so quickly :oops: After a little more poking around he appears to be wearing the
USN NAF TYPE 1092 AVIATOR'S LEATHER FLYING HELMET

and

ANJ 6530 Goggles.

Go back and state you're case and with the other Navy gear I'd be willing to bet it is an M-445.