• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B15 with labels and those without

littlebuddy

Hi all , could some try and settle a discussion that im having with another collector on a different forum ,

The nomenclature labels in B15 jackets , this is the argument , were they always attached or were there examples of manufacturers that did not attach them ?? so therefore can not be identified as "original issue" ??

Let me know your thoughts please

LB

littlebuddy

TankBuster said:
They always had them. No question about it.

Thank you Jeff , so im right in saying that , if there is no sign of a label at all being there ,then its a civilian manufacture jacket ? I do know that some B10s or is it B15s ??(cant remember now !!) didnt have the AAF ssi printed on the left shoulder

Carl

Peter Graham

Carl, there are all sorts of stories floating around about B-15's without labels. A favourite one is that early B-15's had no labels. I think this comes from one of Maguire's books where a civilian B-15 is captioned as an early model with no label. This is totally wrong. Those Maguire books are full of inaccuracies. All B-15's had labels. They also all had decals. Many B-10's were produced without decals. A fact I wish Buzz Rickson and the like would get their heads around.

littlebuddy

Thanks Peter I have just been and looked at my B10 and it has no decal on the left shoulder , but my B15 does , should have checked before I started typing !!! lol

I had a guy offer me a B15 for a swap for mine , I don't know how people have the nerve to think that some one would swap a 100 % original jacket in what id call 9/10 condition for a unlabelled beaten up to hell version !! crazy !!

Carl

TankBuster

Such is dealing with the general public Carl! Just kindly decline and move on. Eventually you will find the right deal.

Phantomfixer

How about a B-15 with a tag, and just the whites outline stenciled? I saw one in a store the other day...SZ 44 with black tag US Army Air Force etc...but the shoulder stencil was the white outline found usually on the A series pants.. I nice sz but missing the cuffs....

Is the white outline legit...sure looks good
the zip is offset with no leather O2 mask tabs

Peter Graham

I've never seen a genuine B-15 with a white outline decal but I'm no expert. Variations are very possible. Check the label carefully to make sure it hasn't been stitched in after the fact. Also check the wording. If it has the wording "Original Type" then walk away. Who is the maker ?

Phantomfixer

Will check out the store again tomorrow, Sunday...tag looked legit could have been restitched...but will get a better eye on it..