• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 from BOB DONG

Flightengineer

D
Please let us know when it arrives and post some photos. I think you’te going to be very happy with it. Can’t wait to see it.

B,
Chinese seller was humane and heeded my pleas :) And in the end he sent this jacket by airmail, so I hope to get this jacket earlier.
I really hope that I have chosen the right size and it will not be small.
I'll write a detailed report when I receive it and post it here on VLJ.

zoomer

Yeah, I saw that. Typical of the Asian builders, but until they start selling more overseas, it likely won't hurt them...
I keep telling everybody, I don't think they WANT western business!!!!!
I have no idea WHY they don't want it, but it certainly seems they don't.

Another anecdote, make of it what you will.
I am also fond of 30s-40s repro civvy "white collar" clothing, once again, a style where smaller sizes are seen as "more authentic."
A British firm was doing a nice looking tweed sport suit and getting good reviews for it. I ordered one in 46, waist 40.
What came from the Chinese maker fit fine till you got above the waistline. After that it was proportioned for a bodybuilder! Super wide sleeves and loads of slop in the chest and shoulders...basically 46 reg below the waist and 52 reg above it!!!

Subsequently reports came in that the bigger the sizes ran, the more ridiculous were the proportions of the cut - while your 38s and 40s fit nicely.
Maybe someone needs to convince these folks, who are evidently very set-in-their-ways, that very few western men are strange visitors from the planet Krypton...or built like them!!!
10951294254_2be65d6362_b.jpg

Last edited:

ties70

Just checked the sizing chart:
I must be one of the "Giants from behind the wall" of Game of Thrones....even if there were jackets in XXXL available (which are not) they would still need another 10 cm in shoulder and 20 cm in chest width to fit me...

Brettafett

Yes, its a funny thing. I am not even sure the 42 will fit me... I understand these may be quite 'thick'... Anyway.... lets see.

Brettafett

Curiosity got the better of me. My Dong is on the way. Size 42 olive green knit...
Apparently these should be available in larger sizes again with the 'new' batch in November.

Greg Gale

Interesting you went with the 42 (XL)? Seeing how well the "L" B-15 fits Dima, I chose the same size (L) when ordering my MA-1 which is baggy anyway. We'll see. I don't think you'd have needed an XXL. Ordering the right size from China sounds like finding your car keys in the dark, yet, some have managed to nail the fit.

Brettafett

Exactly right. From what Thomas said and comparing Bronson's and BD's measurements, seems the BD's are slightly longer.... Also, wanted to account for the thickness of the fur. The 40 seemed short, the Bronson shorter (and those appear to have a seam in the knit o_O ), the 42 seemingly has ok lengths and some room to spare, but not overly so...
I am/ was sceptical. If these were copied off Buzz Rickson's.... I had a 40 BR B-10 and it fit fine, but a smidgen roomy, not as nice as my ELC B-10, which imo is so much nicer all round. Would be nice to be surprised... Anyhow. As we keep saying, "let see..."

johnwayne

That BD looks good for the price, mouton collar looks good although the knits and lining look a little on the dark side but more important is the fit so fingers crossed it works for you, keep us posted! Looking forward to wearing my BR B10 now colder months are arriving.

Brettafett

Yes, I agree about the knits, thats why I posted about replacement knit for a B-10 ;). Its the one thing I am frowning on... But as you say, the price was too reasonable, it was hard not to pounce and give it a try. Also agree about the fit. These BD seem to have better lengths for me, so am hoping for gold. Look forward to a review.

Brettafett

Wow! I received... Completely unexpectedly... my Bob Dong B-10. That was lightning quick from China to the UK! AND NO IMPORT DUTY NONSENSE!
For the money paid, I am flabbergasted. Its good. Size 42 fit well length-wise, theres a bit of room in the body, but its ok. Size 40 would have fit better in the body, but would have been too short, 44 too big for sure.
Quality is fantastic, certainly comparable to my ELC B-10...
Knits are great, not too dark (as feared) and no seam. Mouton collar is luscious.
I will get a review up with some pics as soon as I can get a gap to do so...

Schmauder

Wow, that really was quick! Mine will not be shipped before the end of this week because of their holidays. Or so I was told. Since size 42 seems to fit you, I hope my size 42 will also fit as well. Looking forward to your review!

Schmauder

No, I used some kind of agent and bought directly from TaoBao. The agent operates a german website about Chinese food, shopping etc. and offers to act as an agent. Her currency rate is pretty good, so I ordered a few more items.