• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B or C Model G-1 Irvin Foster Jacket

Maverickson

Hi All,

Am looking for some direction in trying to figure out if the jacket I'm looking at is in fact a B or C Model jacket. This proposed jacket has a blackened Conmar zipper assembly that is definitely a sign that it could in fact be a B model. As it is my understanding that the C model used bright brass zips exclusively. In addition and if I'm reading this jacket's label correctly it dates 1963. Which was that B to C Model transition year. However, I'm looking at a C as stated on it's label. Was wondering if there were others that might be able to shed some light on which model jacket this jacket really is ?

Thanks so much and looking forward to that input.

Cheers, Dave

Maverickson

Hi All,

It has been brought to my attention exactly how to differentiate these jacket's by model. As that given model is in fact defined by that letter following the 7823 designation on the SPEC.MIL line. As initially I was confused by the letter C following the date (63) on the label's second to the last line.

Thanks Grant :)

Cheers, Dave

MikeyB-17

The C series Irvin B's have an extra seam on the bi-swing-the back panel is separate from the pleats as opposed to a bigger panel with pleated edges. I believe it's only Irvin B C's that have this.

Members online

Latest posts