• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-2 cap

STEVE S.

started toying around with a B-2 cap project tonight. finished up the bill trying to get the "rib" around the edge as small as possible. found out that will all depend on how thin a strip of leather you use. I've seen some reproductions that get the rib so big it looks like the bumper on an old studebaker! thinking I got this pretty close.

STEVE S.

ha! that was actually the easiest part. dug thru my old machine feet & found a welting foot that fit perfectly. fun part was running the stitch under the roll that runs right along the edge....

ausreenactor

Jon S said:
Well, if that's the result of toying around, the end result is gonna be amazing.

Yerp..

I guess you have answered the question if anybody contemplates a crack at their own stuff.

To B-2 or not to B-2? Do it...

Well done Sir..

STEVE S.

foster said:
If this goes into production, put me on the waiting list! :D

I'm trying to find the patterns I made of the shearling when I refurbished the other one. If i can't find them soon, I'll make some new patterns from the completed one. what size do you wear? :D

STEVE S.

ausreenactor said:
Jon S said:
Well, if that's the result of toying around, the end result is gonna be amazing.

Yerp..

I guess you have answered the question if anybody contemplates a crack at their own stuff.

Well done Sir..

Well, I did the B-2 jacket, why not a B-2 cap?? :lol:

ausreenactor

STEVE S. said:
ausreenactor said:
Jon S said:

Yerp..

Well done Sir..

Well, I did the B-2 jacket, why not a B-2 cap?? :lol:

That would be 'two B-2 or not two B-2'?

STEVE S.

have the basic components made, just need to assemble it after i shear the fur down a bit. these are leftovers from my shearling hides used on the B-3 & M-445a.

STEVE S.

i've got a good pair of clippers i use for that, just have to locate them... if i do more of these, i'll buy the hides with the correct length hair so wont be an issue. biggest hurdle is figuring out resizing on the patterns. jackets arent a problem but hats are a different ballgame.

foster

STEVE S. said:
foster said:
If this goes into production, put me on the waiting list! :D

I'm trying to find the patterns I made of the shearling when I refurbished the other one. If i can't find them soon, I'll make some new patterns from the completed one. what size do you wear? :D

Sorry I forgot to reply! 7 3/8 aka 59 cm and I have an oblong head, longer front to back than average but measuring the same circumference as 59 cm