• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15A (MOD) Buzz Rickson

Willy McCoy

11012851_10153182334154248_5441350798322258245_n.jpg

I've had an Aero Leather Clothing B-10 (size 46}for a long time that has served me through all kinds of weather very well. Took a chance on an eBay offering size 40 B-15A from the year 2000 season. I normally would not bite on this jacket because of the size 40 not to mention Japanese jackets are usually smaller than marked. The seller said the measurements were : 19&1/2 shoulders, 24&1/2 pit to pit and 26 inch sleeves. Seemed kind'a odd measurements fo a size 40. Got the jacket on Monday and have worn it for a couple of days. Great trim fit and super warm. The ranks were removed from the shoulder and it came with a leather name tape and a beautiful 754th Bomb Squadron embroidered patch. Glad to add it to my collection.

Peter Graham

I had one some years ago but I wasn't too keen on it. Yours looks a lot better on you than mine ever did on me. Nice catch.

Willy McCoy

Thanks Peter! It is rather close fitting but does not constrict movement whatsoever.
I wonder why Buzz Rickson put the 754th patch that was inactivated in 1945 on a jacket that was supposed to be modified in 1954? The materials and construction are superbe. Nice scratchy alpaca lining t'boot!

asiamiles

I seem to recall the jacket looking fine on you Peter - did you get it from me? - but we all have different reactions to various jackets, and indeed it's a good thing that we don't all like the same ones.

Rutger

Very cool jacket, good fit too.
Isn't this the odd type of cloth something like a mixture of cotton and nylon fibers?
Got one somewhere but the pile is too large to give them all the wear they deserve, blue B-15C(mod) is my current favourite and worn daily.
Ime BR are usually one size bigger than tag size, at least nylon that is.

asiamiles

Rutger said:
Isn't this the odd type of cloth something like a mixture of cotton and nylon fibers?
Is that Endzone Twill, you're referring to? I'm not sure if all B-15's - and I don't know about B-15A's - were made from it. It was certainly used for some and by Olden-Dennis for their B-10, and consequently by Buzz for their repro of it.

Rutger

asiamiles said:
Rutger said:
Is that Endzone Twill, you're referring to? I'm not sure if all B-15's - and I don't know about B-15A's - were made from it. It was certainly used for some and by Olden-Dennis for their B-10, and consequently by Buzz for their repro of it.

Yeah, Endzone twill, that's it, Eastman refers to it for the Roughwear B15 repro.

Peter Graham

asiamiles said:
I seem to recall the jacket looking fine on you Peter - did you get it from me? - but we all have different reactions to various jackets, and indeed it's a good thing that we don't all like the same ones.
It fitted fine but the itchy lining that Willy mentioned plus other factors that I can't actually remember now put me off it. I think it did come from you. Sort of regretting selling it now. :(

Willy McCoy

That itch is kind'a nostalgic of when I was a kid in the 60's. Levi's were itchy new - sweaters and wool shirts were itchy - but they kept me warm. Now that I'm almost grown it's really a small price to pay for such a menacing look.
Not really sure if the shell twill is 100% cotton or blended Tackle Twill (EndZone Twill).