• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15 jacket cleaning

rendalen

Hello
I am relativly New to the forum, first post today. And i wanted to say hello to all.
I have a question on cleaning a Repro b-15 jacket With wool alpaca liner. Is it possible to hand Wash gently With woolite and Cold water or do i have to get it dry cleaned.

robrinay

If it's a repro then you'd be advised to find the care label and see what the manufacturer recommends.

rendalen

It is an Eastman B-15 and it says dry cleaning . I was just wondering if it could be handwashed since many jackets that say dry cleaning can be gently handwashed.

robrinay

As you probably know, different fabrics shrink at different rates when washed in water. Consequently, garments made of a combination of different materials are frequently marked 'dry clean only' to avoid the risk of the garment becoming distorted by washing in water (wobbly zippers tight knitted cuffs and waist band etc. etc.). If it was a cheap easily replaceable jacket it might be worth risking but as it's an expensive Eastman it's not really worth the risk.

Peter Graham

When I owned a Buzz Rickson B-10 I used to wash it in the machine regularly, on a cool cycle. Never had any problems.