• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15 for sale!!!

Peter Graham

Well, for a start, it's not an issued jacket. It's a 50's civi copy. It's also trashed. The patch and nametag were probably applied last week. It's worth about $10 more than the value of the patch and the zipper.

Roughwear

Thanks guys. It's good to know we all have the same opinion of this post war jacket with the new patch from the very dodgy seller.

ausreenactor

Garcia Aviation has probably moved more genuine and reproduction aviation related kit than all of us here combined. Not sure if this item is a case of brain fade by the seller, a jacket as received from a relative of a veteran or just another puzzler? He has moved plenty of legit kit and moves a LOT of reproduction items as exactly that. I would not put this eBay seller in the realm of 'scammers'.

Just took a look at his feedback. 710 sales in the last 12 months. One negative feedback. Rating at 4.9/5.0 out of all stars. 1000+ items listed at present. Possibly not even the original vendor in charge, but a poorly educated (literally, not jacket-wise) minion on minimum wage listing stuff.

ausreenactor

I have dealt with aviationetc years ago. I know I have shot off Paypal payments to [email protected]. So many similar items, yet different locations.

'Irregardless', the vendor is a stellar seller by eBay's standards and from customer feedback.

Roughwear

I very much doubt if this seller has any connection with Garcia Aviation. He is renowned for over priced original A2 jackets which never sell. I have bought from Garcia Aviation and the experience was fine, but I would not buy from this Flyboy seller.

Roughwear

Aviationetc.. has over priced A2s, but is not in the same league as this Japanese seller. When I contacted him I discovered he is selling, or rather not selling, A2s for various collectors!

ausreenactor

I remember in the early eBay days there were services for individuals, without the ability to list, to collate and list your items at a cost. Perhaps aviationetc is making the coin off his peers in advance without the items ever selling. The majority of his customers rate his items and service highly though.

Juanito

I'm not quite sure what this has to do with Garcia Aviation, Trevor as the seller is Aviationetc.
James Garcia...that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I used to deal heavily with him as well as the old guy in Chino in the late 1980s. All my dealing were fair aside from an Eastman A-2 in 40 short that was passed off as a regular in 1993. Not sure James really knew the actual size as I am sure it just passed through his hands and the pocket label was the only place the "s" for short was noted. In anybcase, it was a stellar jacket.