• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-11 parka, jacket identification, help pls.

Pilot

3E1F23D2-B4DC-4CF4-B14B-4BD8E2AAFDEA.jpeg
2040BC08-F129-406A-A5A8-CE0704E7A430.jpeg
68ED5F0A-A341-4F3D-8AE4-C81B54B0F824.jpeg
41150487-6A89-4970-B270-ABD44F309F8F.jpeg
3C44BE29-55B7-4027-A725-B369B959C6C0.jpeg
73BD5BEC-F292-4B96-ABAF-268456E2E3D1.jpeg
Is this B-11 jacket an issued one or a repro/civilian one.
Found it in a shop for second hand clothing in Tokyo, this morning.
No ( more AF) decal, splitting hood ( via old Talon). Golden vowen tag.
All others seam OK , IMHO.
Thanks for your opinions.

dmar836

Was Moda a contractor during the war? Buttons and label look off to me but I have both civi and issued B-9/B-11s. That is NOT the best way to study jackets. Best to study only originals so when you see a repro or other outlier you will know it’s off.
I’m sure others might know. I never bought the books that include all the contract info.
It’s purdy either way!
Dave

Pilot

Thx...
according to several threads here Moda did contracts for B-10 and B-15 jackets...
Also, the same seller “gave “ ( read sold ) me 2x A-17A watches from the B-11 wearer...hence it leads me to the conclusion, ...its an OK jacket, just the hoody may have been “accomodated” to allow a plastic crash helmet during its use for construction work...( his ..the seller...explanation)...
I have a maybe naive tendency to believe in such basic rudimentary explanations ..the seller did not even know what he was selling......all in all approx 80 Euro in ¥¥¥.

Last edited:

Geeboo

That is another moda - I think yours is legit. At that px, no need to think at all esp. the condition is so good :)
But 1 thing, I am only being suspecticle & maybe all wrong, I have seen 2-3 Moda B-11, in my memory all of them are with white fur, I have not seen in my memory a Moda with a brown fur. Moda perhaps is the ONLY B-11 manufacturer that comes with white fur.However, since all other details look fine, it is sufficient to believe it is an original, save the Talon hood Zip, B-11 has no hood zip, IMO.
moda.jpg

Last edited:

Pilot

That is another moda - I think yours is legit. At that px, no need to think at all esp. the condition is so good :)
But 1 thing, I am only being suspecticle & maybe all wrong, I have seen 2-3 Moda B-11, in my memory all of them are with white fur, I have not seen in my memory a Moda with a brown fur. Moda perhaps is the ONLY B-11 manufacturer that comes with white fur.However, since all other details look fine, it is sufficient to believe it is an original, save the Talon hood Zip, B-11 has no hood zip, IMO. View attachment 7373
Thx for the thumbs up....Yea the Talon hood zip was a clear non issue addition to better accomodate the crash helmet during its post war use.
Will have it “ retrofitted” into original condition by my tailor in Korea.
Again, thx a lot.

Geeboo

congras. Eur$80 is just enough to buy a late 40's brass main Conmar big bridge zip, now U got the whole jacket !:)

Geeboo

Yeah, playing original has all sort of small sum to spend to fix up here & there. I am getting used to this;)

dmar836

Good stuff! That Talon is still cool and certainly not modern. I would tend to leave it as it was something done in the period. Guess that’s just me.
Did the seller know the guy’s service history? Long career? Post-Korea watches with pre-47 made B-11.
Dave

Carl

Good stuff! That Talon is still cool and certainly not modern. I would tend to leave it as it was something done in the period. Guess that’s just me.
Did the seller know the guy’s service history? Long career? Post-Korea watches with pre-47 made B-11.
Dave
have seen a few of these SPLIT HOODED B11's Dave , most of them minus their labels unfortunately .

Pilot

I any interest in the hoody zipper... guess a Talon from the 30’s in perfect working order/condition and approx. 12 inch long ( not separable),,, pm me...
Surely it can help one out someone to repair a 30’s jacket

Pilot

Thx,
if I remember correctly it was Meiji or Yoyogi Park... ( both flea markets and they look the same anyway)...