• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-11/9 parkas

Flightengineer

Exhuming this old thread.

I have a question. Having studied and read a lot about different B-9/11 patterns, I didn't come to an unambiguous conclusion about the presence of epaulettes and a hood separated by a zipper. Were jackets withh such details (without eppaulettes and with zip on hood) among the modifications issued by the Air Force or was it only on numerous civilian versions? Thanks.

blackrat2

Holly thread resurrection!!
Bringing back my old thread, can anyone tell me if A) Talon zippers were used on B-11’s and if B) Sovereign Mfg was an original maker
Thanks in advance

blackrat2

Thanks so much..has anyone got a Sovereign they can share pics off?
Do these run big whatever the manufacturer

M. from Berlin

In contrast to the B-9 Parka, there were relatively many manufacturers for the B-11 Parka. I had two B-11s, one Moda Coat and one Albert Turner, each a size 40. Flea market find in California in the 90's. They turn out a bit bigger. Today I am annoyed that I sold both.

M. from Berlin

May I ask something guys ? I do t want to hack this topic ;-) but the B9 AAF roundel : Yes or no ? And if yes the Black one or coloured variations were allowed / used?!
B9 Eddie Bauer

Attachments

• B9.PNG
    B9.PNG
    839.5 KB · Views: 80

Spitfireace

Just looking at a B-9 Parka today I think it's by Reed co. Four hundred plus almost a hundred for shipping. Nice looking but not that would wear it.

John Luder

I had an AAF parka in the mid-late '70s. Like most of you older cats, I got great deals back in my salad days, and somehow lost possession of the items.
The few things that occur to me are that it had reddish fur around the hood, and it came down about mid-thigh. Maybe my memory's been influenced, but I think the roundel was the plain white, as shown above, and like the windflap inside a B-10. But I do know it was AAF.
It seems, from the pix of the B-9 and B-11, that they were not as long as the one I had. It fit, otherwise, so I'm fairly sure that the length wasn't a product of being too big.
Thanks for any thoughts,
John