• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 Buzz vs Aero....

Cobblers161

I've been looking to get my hands on a B-10 for a while now, in fact ever since I found this damn forum and ordered my first Goodwear I've discovered I have an unhealthy or should that be costly obsession with WW2 flight jackets.

The Aero and Buzz(If ordered via proxy from Japan) are roughly the same price give or take a few quid, I can see the Buzz is accurate in it's construction but I'm not so sure about the Aero, does anyone own either? I quite like the way the Aero is understated, I don't mind the lack of decals I guess I just need to know if it's construction is authentic.

Any help is greatly appreciated...... ta

Peter Graham

I've had no experience of repro B-10's but from what I've read and seen, the Buzz seems way ahead in authenticity. Whatever you choose, the B-10 is a sharp looking, practical jacket. Enjoy it.

Tim P

the Eastman wins out over the buzz in my opinion because it is spot on (and I mean spot on) to the original contract Roughwear and equally important, while buzz B10's I have owned look great inside the nap of the fur all goes in the one direction and is uncomfortable as all blazes. The Eastman lining has been brushed or whatever to make the nap lay in different directions. It is an absolute ringer for the original pants I have so it looks exactly as it should but is way, way more comforrtable to wear.

jnlight75

I've got 2 different Buzz B-10's - never had one of the other makers. The ELC looks good to me, but it should at a couple hundred more $$ than the Buzz.

The standard Rough Wear Buzz B-10 is the one you can get now. I'm very happy with it. Originals had a pretty wide range of color shades when new, and the Buzz version is very close. One thing, the sizing is very small. I think the largest size you can get is a 46. I wear a modern size 38 and the 42 Buzz B-10 fits me pretty tight.

asiamiles

The standard Rough Wear Buzz B-10 is the one you can get now. I'm very happy with it. Originals had a pretty wide range of color shades when new, and the Buzz version is very close. One thing, the sizing is very small. I think the largest size you can get is a 46. I wear a modern size 38 and the 42 Buzz B-10 fits me pretty tight.
BR's Rough Wear B-10 is a little trimmer than their Stagg and house models (these are essentially the same apart from the label). I'm also a 38 but their size 40 RW B-10 fit me, while their size 40 Stagg was too big.

Cobblers161

That's the Aero idea out the window then!

I never considered the Eastman and having looked at it I like a lot, but at £100 more than the Buzz it's tough call.... Maybe time to sell the tanker?

Hows the fit of the ELC B-10? Any need to upsize?

Cheers

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
Hows the fit of the ELC B-10? Any need to upsize?

I'm a size 40, and I went with my regular chest size.

I only have a picture of the BR, but it has similar measurements to the ELC, and both fit about the same.

BRB-10ar.jpg

Cobblers161

Cheers Deeb, very nice looking jacket indeed...

Anyone tried a Real McCoys B-10? It's approximately same price as the ELC via proxy from Japan. The pockets look pretty big though!

TankBuster

The ELC is the best repro B-10 I have ever seen. It matches
up exactly with my originals in every way. I would call it the
most authentic Repro jacket on the market right now.
I've got both the ELC and the Buzz. The ELC is WAY more
accurate.
If you can get your hands on one of the Olden Dennis Buzz
jackets in your size, then it would match up very well to the
ELC. Although they are not made any more. HPA has a few
in smaller sizes.

Cobblers161

That's the problem, I love 'em all...

I have an N-1, a Tanker, an L2 Commercial with a GW on the way and I want more... I gotta have more..... A B-6, a GW Doniger, a B-9 and the obligatory L2, I mean I've clearly got the beginnings of a serious problem here! :D

Peter Graham

Cobblers161 said:
That's the problem, I love 'em all...

I have an N-1, a Tanker, an L2 Commercial with a GW on the way and I want more... I gotta have more..... A B-6, a GW Doniger, a B-9 and the obligatory L2, I mean I've clearly got the beginnings of a serious problem here! :D
You've caught the disease man, be very careful,unless you're rich.

Cobblers161

Well the ELC B-10 turned up yesterday........

I have to say I'm over the moon, it's simply a stunning jacket.
Upped once size and it fit's perfect, cheers Tim.

Thanks for all the help gents.