• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aviator's Kit Bag 71st Liaison Sq.

ties70

It's been a while since I last contributed anything to this forum...

Here is something I finished this week:

bag_front_full_zpszjbakyqv.jpg

bag_back_full_zpsg7ug85ru.jpg

bag_missions_zpsuulae1yt.jpg

bag_Phoebee_zpsyq1bjlv1.jpg

bag_squadron_zpspa9kmakr.jpg

Tace care and best regards,

Ties

ties70

Trevor, thank you!

Good to see that there are still some guys from "...back in the days...".

Ties

ties70

a2jacketpatches said:
Super painting job, a little tricky painting that weave huh?

Accuracy was no issue, or at least less than I had anticipated. But the fabric sucks up more paint than you would expect. So especially the white areas had to be done at least three times....

dmar836

Great job! I bet it will be difficult to abuse as nice as it is but that's how it will look best. Beware future collectors!

Dave

STEVE S.

nice work! I was wondering if you were still around. I was away for a few yrs myself doing other things. yes, I still have the Block 422a! ;)

Andrew

Senstational work as ever Ties.

By the way, I finally bit the bit the bullet and had that beautiful 530th BS patch you made years ago sewn onto my old 2008 GW Dubow. As expected I haven't worn it since but its better than sitting around in the pocket :lol:

ties70

Guys,

thank you all for the warm "Welcome back" greetings.

The reason for the quite long absence is here:

Pueppi_chambray_zps8wjxmpg8.jpg

She is four years old now, but when she started walking and especially talking some years ago, my life took a complete new direction....time for flight jackets and nose art / patches was really rare.

It was replaced by having tea parties with teddy bears, building a thousand LEGO princess castles, and reading....reading...reading. Coolest thing: We do not only share the love for books, but for the same children's books as well: Richard Scarry's "Busytown"....some of you American guys will surely know him.

Liv has definitely inherited her mom's communication skills and as a friend once said "I totally love your daughter but sometimes I just want to hang around large busy construction sites, just to enjoy the silence...". Sometimes she doesn't let you keep you much energy for hobbies....

Nevertheless, I already have some plans for a tanker jacket and a B-10.

@ Andrew:
I know exactly what you are saying. I have started with "decorating" cheap M-41 repros, now this bag and the tanker jacket will be a cheap repro, too.

Best regards,

Ties

Andrew

Wow, she has grown Ties and a real cutie. Oh well, it's good to develop new interests :cool: . Hey, Richard Scary was a favourite of mine and my boys too, great stuff