• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aviation Leathercraft Irvin vs. ELC Irvin

B-Man2

Hello to all;

If this has been discussed in another thread my apologies, but I was wondering what the general opinions are of Aviation Leathercraft Irvins vs. an ELC Irvin. I've always been wanting one and from reading the other threads on this subject I guess ELC has the lead on the best reproduction Irvin. While researching the subject, I saw that Aviation Leathercraft in the U.K. owns the rights to the Irvin name. I was wondering what some of you thought about their reproduction Irvin vs. the ELC.

Regards
Burt

Hawkeye

The Irvin name is really the only accurate thing about that jacket. While they are generally accepted to be well made, quality jackets, they bear little resemblance to the original WW2 article.

Roughwear

Hawkeye said:
The Irvin name is really the only accurate thing about that jacket. While they are generally accepted to be well made, quality jackets, they bear little resemblance to the original WW2 article.

Actually even that's not accurate as the original maker as opposed to the firm who bought the rights to the name, did not use the word Irvin on its own on their labels, but "Irvinsuit" by "Irving Air Chute". Most of their wartime jackets did not even have their name on the labels at all!