• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentic A-2 Collar Top Stitching and Collar Height

Striker

Hi to all,

I have a couple of questions regarding the original A-2 collar.

1) Top Stitching: Did the top stitching for the collar vary between manufacturers? What was the widest top stitching, the narrowest, and what was the most typical?

2) Did the collar height vary on the A-2's? Which manufacturer had the tallest collar height?

Thanks,

Striker

T-Bolt

When you refer to the "top stitching height", do you mean the height or width of the collar stand in those jackets that used collar stand construction?? :cool:

Ted

shanghai joe

Striker said:
Hi to all,

1) Top Stitching: Did the top stitching for the collar vary between manufacturers? What was the widest top stitching, the narrowest, and what was the most typical?

2) Did the collar height vary on the A-2's? Which manufacturer had the tallest collar height?

Thanks,

Striker

a great resource for A2s.............acmedepot.

shanghai joe

Striker said:
Hi to all,

Thanks,

Striker

oooooooooops....missed the other great references.........John Chapman's CD!

Striker

I don't think Acme Depot mentions the width of the collar stitching.

Is it about 1/8th or 3/16's?

Thanks,

Striker