• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian Battledress Jacket - Basilone, Vandegrift, Paige

ausreenactor

Gents..

Anybody who has seen the pictures of the post Guadalcanal US Marines will have seen the Australian Battledress jacket; however, you may only be aware of the Aussie link as of now.

I have just boxed up a return item for Barry at Spearhead Militaria and included an original Australian WWII Battledress jacket as issued to the USMC and some Army soldiers. I have taken additional pics of my mint 40R jacket and a CD full of comparison pics and measurements. The item is all set to be reproduced. Cheaply too. I have spent $400 on larger efforts by NCHS in the USA. I spoke to a Thai seamstress today who is modding some sleeves about making a smaller version out of the NCHS offerings I have. Theirs look like something the guy from Talking Heads wore in the 80s.

So be on the lookout! Get those 'left arm' chervons and combat patches ready!!

http://stores.ebay.com/spearheadmilitar ... 7675.l2563

Couchy

foster

Re: Australian Battledress Jacket - Basilone, Vandegrift, Pa

Interesting, I saw some Australian made US Wool trousers for sale a few months ago. Wish I had bought them now, even though they were too small for me. I guess they may have been issued around the same time and circumstances as the jacket?

ausreenactor

Some could easily have ended up with the matching trousers...

unclegrumpy

I had one of these USMC jackets a year or so ago. Would have kept it had it been in better shape. The interesting thing about it was the Australian made 1st Marine patch on it, and the way it was sewn on....the patch was thin woven and had a red fully machine embroidered edge/border holding it on to the jacket.

I still have a really nice Army one, but the color is slightly different.

Members online

Latest posts