• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian Armour and Artillery Museum - Four years in the making..

ausreenactor

Gents,

After posting out of Townsville in 2013 I watched from afar on Facebook as the Australian Armour and Artillery Museum took shape and swelled to the collection it is today. The Wermacht Wing recently opened and is awaiting the arrival of the much lauded Panther. One of a handful in the World. I have only taken the pics of the items that 'float my boat'. Over 160 vehicles and artillery pieces on display. The 'Fury' Tiger is there, along with the actual mocked up interior from the movie. We are contemplating an alternate ending to the movie. Myself and another guy in the turret. "here they come!" Pan out to two dude with a Panzerschrek. Shot taken and Sherman destroyed. Might be more popular than the original? Hoping to generate interest for the museum and the club and hopefully not a lawsuit. Got to strut around for a couple of days. World class collection. And growing by the day. M41, M24 and Sherman Firefly inbound soon as well. Enjoy..

DSCN1479.JPG

DSCN1476.JPG

DSCN1475.JPG

DSCN1474.JPG

DSCN1470.JPG

DSCN1469.JPG

DSCN1464.JPG

DSCN1460.JPG

DSCN1459.JPG

DSCN1457.JPG

B-Man2

Very Nice!!
What a great way to display those armored vehicles.
But I have to ask, how and who made a reproduction Tiger Tank?
Where do you start? How do you acquire reproduction parts?
Are all parts reproduced according to previous blue prints?
I remember seeing the video of the fellow who was given an original bolt from a Spitfire and went on over a 20 year period of time
to build an entire working Spit around that bolt, so I assume someone did the same with a Tiger Tank?

Smithy

flyincowboy

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Nope there is some running panther too in the French museum of blindés in Saumur Just seen some of them IN ACTION YEARS AGO

That Fench museum is the second best Armour museum in the World. With Bovington being the best by a mile.

The value of the tanks puts Cairns at number three according to the international visitors and the British guy who rebuilt the Panther...