• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF M1941

Andrew

9thinfdiv said:
Well, don't forget that the arms on the M-41 jackets were longer than normal anyway so that when the sleeve adjustment tab was tightened. the sleeve wouldn't be too short. My ATF M-41 is accurate in that respect.

Well I ordered one, fingers crossed on the fit, however I suspect i'm a 46L (that they don't make).

Thanks for posting the link regarding the sale Suin...

Andrew

It arrived today and despite this being my only cloth jacket and never having anything like it before I really do like it and I think it'll be a good alternative to always wearing an A-2. Clark is right, they are light, basically just the cotton shell lined with the same wool material the WW11 Woolen Army shirts are made from, but that's good news for me since we have such a short warm winter.

The additional waist and cuff tabs will provide some adjustment to the fit and the bi-swing back is handy too. Just tried it with civvys and it looks great with BR Cinos and T shirt. I'm really happy with it but would be ecstatic if it only had another inch in the arm length- I was correct a 46L would have been perfect but i suppose this will have to do. I wear a 48 GW but I think a 48 in this would have been too baggy, whilst the 44L would have had the right arm length but the body would have been either too short or tight or both. I wonder if they do special orders... :cool:

I would recommend them highly at $75 but not sure if i'd fall over myself to pay $120.

Andrew

I think it was $40 Trev, nothing out of the ordinary for something that size.

Whatever it was i'm going to pay through the nose, it's on it's way back as i'm exchanging it for a 44L. :oops:
My suspicions that they upsized the torso on these to fit the modern day choe hound were confirmed today in a chat to the friendly ATF Lady. :lol:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Andrew said:
Anyone know anything about these?

It's cheap ... but looking at some of their other products, probably not worth the effort.

a-535-b1.gif

Andrew

Received the 44L jacket today and it's perfect. It's great and it's going to get some wear, especially becasue of our weather but also because the style is so versatile and comfortable. While my suit coats are 44's every flight jacket i've got is a 46 min and usually a 48, so this is a surprise.

Apologies for the poor photo but it's raining at the moment.

DSC_0061.jpg

SuinBruin

Looks great on you... perfect fit. Unfortunately, ATF doesn't have the M1941 in a 40L, so I tried to get by with a 42... it was still too short in the sleeve (and too baggy in the body). So I had to return it. :(

cheers,
matt

Andrew

SuinBruin said:
Looks great on you... perfect fit. Unfortunately, ATF doesn't have the M1941 in a 40L, so I tried to get by with a 42... it was still too short in the sleeve (and too baggy in the body). So I had to return it. :(

cheers,
matt

That's a bummer alright, the long sizes only start at the 44... I do wonder how true to original sizing AFT are, but I suspect they've beefed up the body compared to the arms for the modern out of shape kind of guy. Mines fine for length now but even this one feels like it could be more fitted. but maybe that's the way they're meant to work.

A

Anonymous

Andrew said:
Received the 44L jacket today and it's perfect. It's great and it's going to get some wear, especially becasue of our weather but also because the style is so versatile and comfortable. While my suit coats are 44's every flight jacket i've got is a 46 min and usually a 48, so this is a surprise.

Apologies for the poor photo but it's raining at the moment.

DSC_0061.jpg

ATF makes some great stuff - Their "M38 Parsons" jacket I believe is spot on. The 41 looks good on you, I think you got the right size. The glaring problem, for me (I am anal) is the stitching around the cuff. Original M41s did not have that and to me it is conspicuous. For the price though, yeah, the best deal around. I will buy one eventually, but will wait until the next run where all the little "misses" hopefully, Rollin promises, will be corrected.

Best to all!
Bill K.

rich

I like it - one of those jackets that looks much better when being worn. A real bargain IMO, especially when you see what the Buzz version costs.

Andrew, how long before you get an L-2 - you're straying!