• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF M1941

Clark J

Just picked up one....anyone here have one??
us_uni_M41_main.jpg

deand

Not me, but depending on your review of it, and the input of others, I really just might.

dean

Atticus

Clark, there was much discussion about that jacket on the hat lounge a month or so ago. I recall the folks there saying that the ATF M-1943 had some issues that would be corrected in the 2010 run of jackets, but the ATF M-1941 was "spot on" right now.

AF

fishmeok

Clark- I picked up the Sturm version off craiglist a while back- we'll have to compare.
Mark

ausreenactor

deand said:
Not me, but depending on your review of it, and the input of others, I really just might.

dean
Dean..

For the price you can not go wrong! I really rate ATF and would have a lot more kit than I do, if not for the preference for Priority USPS shipping in every instance.

Couchy

Clark J

Well got it today and it fits great.I wear a 46 in Eastman jackets so you can use that as a fit guide.Thinner than I thought it would be but I guess I've never seen an original to compare it to.Would make a nice fall/spring jacket.If you plan to wear a sweater I would go 1 size bigger.

greyhound52

Clark J said:
Well got it today and it fits great.I wear a 46 in Eastman jackets so you can use that as a fit guide.Thinner than I thought it would be but I guess I've never seen an original to compare it to.Would make a nice fall/spring jacket.If you plan to wear a sweater I would go 1 size bigger.

So, what size did you get??? I wear a 42 in Eastman jackets.

johnwayne

Hey Clark
Yea I have one I picked up off the the 'bay' from a guy in the States last year - very reasonable if I recall at about £50!. Having got an original that was way too small and selling it on I decided not to faff around with the funny sizing on old uns and plump for one of these!! I'm a 42 Eastman and the one I got was a 44" which is fine (would like to have tried a 42) and if I've any comment it's that I think the pockets are a bit too low compared to originals I've seen - did they vary on originals? Bottons maybe not dark enough either but whatever, I love it - I added a vintage AAF patch to the left shoulder and a 20th Fighter patch I happen to have (ex ELC) - not the warmest of jackets maybe in the current cold month were in but a great jacket - I really like the way the collar/lapels sit/look but constantly fiddle as to whether or not to tighten the sleeves via the flap as they feel a tad long. I do recall when looking for one at the time, many of the 'far east' versions seemed to have long arm lengths but I think ATF are made in there too?
Sure you'll be pleased - it's a great looking, comfortable and affordable jacket - ELC Buzz's are well overpriced albeit I've not seen one up close but cant imagine its that good!!!
Cheers
Wayne

Clark J

I got a 46 but should have got a 48 so I could wear a sweater.Is this a summer type jacket???Sure wouldn't keep any body warm in the winter.

johnwayne

Spring or autumn (fall to you guys) more like! Surprisingly I always imagined they would be thicker/heavier given the use the originals must have had. Definitely need layers underneath for the winter - mine hasn't seen the light of day for about at least 2 months!
Cheers
Wayne

johnwayne

Unfortunately time prevents me from getting my head around posting pics to this forum via Photobucket etc - I've got the info just not sat down and tried yet - I'll have a go if I can 'cos I'm also thinking of off loading 2 or 3 jackets in the Buy Sell section!
Sorry in the meantime - unless that is you can PM your email as I can send jpegs normally!!
Cheers
Wayne

SuinBruin

ATF has these on sale for $75 with free domestic shipping for the next couple of days. Not a bad deal! All sizes are in stock. Check it out, I just ordered one.

Andrew

I'm gunna get one of these at that price. I just called them to talk sizes, very helpful indeed so I suspect the 46 will be ok for me (6'2", 205). Still, anyone with experience with sizes 46-48 in these i'd appreciate hearing your opinions. Clark, just pm'd ya.

Andrew

Yeah the arm thing always gets me- I went through that with the guy on the phone and measured myself but I can't reconcile the numbers i'm getting with what they say- ie my measurement to the knuckles seems to come in shorter than theirs yet sleeves are always too short for me. They say a 48 has 36.5 long sleeves and I seem to get a measurement of 35 at the most to my knuckles.

I dunno, I think it'll be a bit of trial and error and will go the 46 and keep the fingers crossed, but thanks for all that info in your pm... :)

9thinfdiv

Well, don't forget that the arms on the M-41 jackets were longer than normal anyway so that when the sleeve adjustment tab was tightened. the sleeve wouldn't be too short. My ATF M-41 is accurate in that respect.