• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ARRGGGHHH!!!! I can't decide!!!

Just when I think I've finally made up my mind for the leather I want John has to add this to the choice. It has a spray finish. It's either this one or the Dubow in the Vermont espresso which is Aniline dyed. What do you all think? The Vermont espresso is soft and looks more worn right out of the box. This darker Aero is more smooth and stiffer to start but John says will break in with a whole lot of graining. Decisions, Decisions.

darkhorseAeroGW.jpg

the Dubow in Vermont espresso.
HHGWDubow.jpg

fedoralover

T-Bolt

fedora,

What does John call the color of that russet horse that he recently did the United Sheeplined in??? I am just curious.

Regarding your dilemma on choosing between those two colors I have this question. What is the durabilty of the sprayed on finish? Will it hold up well? What does John say about that?

Are you still planning on getting a Dubow or are you thinking of maybe an Aero??

Ted

Here's a close up of the two different leathers. I love both but can only afford one.

Ted, I don't know what he calls the russet. I'm still getting the Dubow. The spray finish is done by horween and should hold up great.

Aerodarkep.jpg

GWDubowgrain.jpg

fedoralover

A

Anonymous

FL,

Maybe JC can send you samples of each, that way you have the leather in your hands.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Well I'd go for Number one, but it's an unfair contest ...

Over on TFL he has GURLS choosing. :shock:

deeb7 said:
Well I'd go for Number one, but it's an unfair contest ...

Over on TFL he has GURLS choosing. :shock:

Hey, I resemble that remark!!

I really love the vermont espresso, but after talking with John about both leathers, I'm going to go with the darker spray finish thats on the Aero. It is a bit heavier weight than the VE and will hold up to wear better in the long run. Both leathers are still accurate and of course John's contracts are dead on, so it's a win win.

And of course having the women like it is a plus not to be ignored. I won't have to go through CBI's experience of having the wife put it down everytime I wear it.

I'm not sure what the offical name for that leather is.

fedoralover

Vcruiser

fedoralover said:
And of course having the women like it is a plus not to be ignored. I won't have to go through CBI's experience of having the wife put it down everytime I wear it.

*****I'm not sure what the offical name for that leather is.****

fedoralover

GurlsWear...