• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone own a Bronco 1761??

DiamondDave

Gents,

JC and I have discussed at length, and would like to make a proper reproduction of the last A-2 contract issued by the Army Air Forces.

If anyone owns one, we would be interested in either a purchase, or loan of said jacket to get some new pattern cues.

Price can be discussed, or perhaps trade for an early reproduction to be made for you.

Yes we know that most of this contract was made to fill in stocks for the AAF, and are rarely seen (if they were even made) in any size larger than 40. This is not a deal breaker for us.

Most of the contract details are similar to their earlier contracts, but we would love to have some first hand experience with one.

Hit me up if you have anything that might be of interest.

DD

Silver Surfer

dunno if this is of any help, dave, but the two that i have handled [size40] were appx. 3/4"-1" shorter in the body then other a-2 contracts. the pit to pit width was the same as late aeros, and sleeves were the proper length for a size 40. is this a design characteristic of the late bronco contract? dunno.

DiamondDave

Gents,

If possible we need the proper dimensions of the label from an original. Found a relined original jacket, but the label sadly was long since missing.

Thanks for the help this far.

DD

ausreenactor

IMG_5133_zpsx1da9o53.jpg

Using the inspector's stamp as a known diameter, you could work on the dimensions from this perhaps. Come on, you don't have to get it exactly right...right? ;)

2BM2K

Her are some photo's of labels. The labels appear to be fastened with a larger size stitch. Also one of the hangers is attached with unusual bar tacking.

27.jpg

IMG_0826_2.jpg

Label_3.jpg

Label2.jpg

ausreenactor

Nobody that posted a response has the jacket in question. Just pics from files or the web. Possibly provided due to the fact the post kept bouncing to the top. Four days is like three months in jacket World.

ausreenactor

Hey, I was the first one in with a pic. Take it up with Dave! Did not spy your offerings other than sarcasm to the request....

DiamondDave

Gents,

What you took as snark, was actually me saying that this place has turned into a ghost town! This saddens me, as I recall when this was a robust forum with loads of good Intel on just about any subject. But alas, since no inflection can be heard in type, misunderstandings happen.

That said, you guys do seem awfully quick to get "offended", and my question is this....are we really becoming that? What are we, hipsters?

Lighten Up Francis!

DD

ausreenactor

When Steve throws in yet another post that is not productive or aligned to the thread I will generally have something to say...and then Steve will have something else to say, once again being totally unrelated to the post. Steve does what Steve does. Hope the input assisted with your pursuit.