• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone interested in a BR B2 from ELC ?

STEVE S.

CBI said:
approximately, how much are your B-2's Steve????

They will run roughly in the $850 range, give or take a bit depending on materials desired.

The one I'll be starting on will be a little different from the others. For some reason, I don't have a light colored jacket of my own, they have all been darker hides. I'll be using this combination:

with this wool liner material.

John Lever

A new one should be good for ten years or so regarding the zip so I wouldn't worry about that. The second hand ones are the issue.
I had a Switlik (house) version with a very worn zip tab. Ken had a look at it and wasn't very complimentary to say the least ! He could tell that all the folds around the zip were glued together and if separated would stretch.

STEVE S.

John Lever said:
I mean his original Switlik

I've got pics JC sent me of the one he had. Not sure if it's the same one you are referring to. Also have pics of one that's been on ebay & another that I can't remember exactly where I found...

If there's another one floating around, would love to see it!

Falcon_52

John Lever said:
What a 7 year old used repro ...? I wouldn't pay that much and my max would be 450 gbp.
These jackets are glued together then sewn, they can't be repaired or mended,if the zip breaks you are stuffed. So resale valus aren't very high.
Eastman's will not even try to fix them
John, it sounds like neither Eastman or Aero would even take one of these on for repair? If that's true, that is a shame. :shock: I will start being a lot more careful with my zipper from now on.

Noel

John Lever

Falcon_52 said:
John Lever said:
What a 7 year old used repro ...? I wouldn't pay that much and my max would be 450 gbp.
These jackets are glued together then sewn, they can't be repaired or mended,if the zip breaks you are stuffed. So resale valus aren't very high.
Eastman's will not even try to fix them
John, it sounds like neither Eastman or Aero would even take one of these on for repair? If that's true, that is a shame. :shock: I will start being a lot more careful with my zipper from now on.

Noel

If Aero won't have a try no one will.

Members online

Latest posts