• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone interested in a BR B2 from ELC ?

John Lever

Just curious if Gary is correct in his assertion that there is no market for BR B2's and will no longer be offering to sell them.
Would anyone here buy one ?
I would.

CBI

I'm no longer buying this type of jacket but I would think there would be a market for it.

John Lever

Just trying to gauge interest. I found out that T Bird in Paris was able to order some and sold out straight away. Strange .

saucerfiend

I spoke with Charles at HPA when the BR blanket lined B-2 was introduced and he wasn't very interested either.

Brian

John Lever

I heard from Gary. If they are being made they can be ordered for next October on a non return basis with a deposit up front.

FlyingYankee

It's one of those jackets that once you have one, usually don't buy another, unlike the A-2 which most of us never get enough of. I have a real RMNZ but but would probably chose an Irvin if I could only have one cold weather jacket

ausreenactor

If you were keen on one you would probably buy from Japan... The prices from 'Buzz Rickson Europe' tend to be higher than the Japanese retails in most cases. Some old stock from HPA bucks that trend in the USA though. For a slow mover it would be a bold risk to stock the B-2 in quantity. One is listed on eBay now, in a 44 with the Werber label sitting, at $1250 with offers accepted...and no offers the last two listings. Until you try one on you don't know how great they are though. I agree with Vince that they are a one, and only one, style of jacket. With minimal versions on offer there are not that many to 'collect'.

The B-3 was once a seal or russet choice. Now there are original makers, levels of finish and more to choose from. I think that unless it gets some screen time in a movie or series the B-2 is destined to a small segment of the jacket market.

John Lever

ausreenactor said:
John Lever said:
The Japanese love them don't they ? I know the size 44 on ebay it's very over priced .

When an A-2 is $1500 plus? It's a bargain!
What a 7 year old used repro ...? I wouldn't pay that much and my max would be 450 gbp.
These jackets are glued together then sewn, they can't be repaired or mended,if the zip breaks you are stuffed. So resale valus aren't very high.
Eastman's will not even try to fix them

ausreenactor

John Lever said:
ausreenactor said:
John Lever said:
The Japanese love them don't they ? I know the size 44 on ebay it's very over priced .

What a 7 year old used repro ...? I wouldn't pay that much and my max would be 450 gbp.
These jackets are glued together then sewn, they can't be repaired or mended,if the zip breaks you are stuffed. So resale valus aren't very high.

So a new one from ELC would certainly not be on the cards then?

STEVE S.

John Lever said:
ausreenactor said:
John Lever said:

Eastman's will not even try to fix them

Glued together?? Wonder what the reasoning is for that? Ididn't glue mine, its just sewn like a regular jacket.

ausreenactor

STEVE S. said:
Glued together?? Wonder what the reasoning is for that? Ididn't glue mine, its just sewn like a regular jacket.

And that's why anyone in the know would hit you up for a B-2! And not ELC for a Buzz Rickson...

STEVE S.

ausreenactor said:
STEVE S. said:

And that's why anyone in the know would hit you up for a B-2! And not ELC for a Buzz Rickson...

I'm going to start laying out patterns tonight for the Switlik Parachute patterned B-2. I have had everything to make it stashed away for a while now. The Switlik was a much more streamlined pattern than the Werber etc...