• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody as crazy as me?

cmk-2

Okay, I'm going to let you in on a secret in hopes someone does the same as me. On your repos, do you ever count the hours you wore your A-2 in a day? Example: I was able to ware mine all day at work 9hours. (saying to myself..that will help break it in).

Persimmon

cmk-2 said:
Okay, I'm going to let you in on a secret in hopes someone does the same as me. On your repos, do you ever count the hours you wore your A-2 in a day? Example: I was able to ware mine all day at work 9hours. (saying to myself..that will help break it in).

9 Hours ......
Is that all.
If you were really serious you would have slept in it as well later that evening.
Maybe even showered in it the next morning too.

Hope your taking pictures before this campaign and after to show what all your good work(enjoyable wearing )is doing ?

ButteMT61

Agree. You don't love a jacket if you haven't slept in it. And passing out in it doesn't count! :lol:

better duck

No nothing as nutty as that. It's just that I have 8 A2's hanging in my closet, and nobody sees the difference (for the Dutch and Belgian guys: I feel a bit like Rik Ringers, remember him?)
But apart from that I'm OK - I think :cool:

Stef

last summer, I wore my A2 with swimming trunks, spraying hot water to refresh and help the grain coming out, all of that with my laptop on the knees, reading your posts guys :lol:
my next goal is to wear an A2 for surfing ! (not a GW but maybe a Cockpit, i won't miss that one :twisted: )

Marv

Never slept in any of my A2s, all except my current ELC RW 27752 (just a few HW misting sessions) have has hot water baths to help break in the leather and bring out the grain.

Have sat around the house and gone out wearing a soaking wet A2 and G1 in the past, but to answer your orignal question - yes, I have and do count the hours/days wearing my current A2.

So at present my RW 27752 is a daily wearer for work so gets worn around 3 hours per day, every day. :)

herk115

No, you're not crazy, and I'd count every hour I wore mine each day, but living in this crummy warm climate that I do, I can only count the hours in a year I wear them!

I've never slept in an A-2, but I've spilled a few beers on them (most of the time by accident). Does this count as some kind of "water treatment?"

ButteMT61

herk115 said:
I've never slept in an A-2, but I've spilled a few beers on them (most of the time by accident). Does this count as some kind of "water treatment?"

I vote yes. :mrgreen:

RudyN

My problem is that I also live in a somewhat warm climate. I do try to wear my A2 as much as I can though.

herk115

Rudy,

At least you can drive up to SF and shiver all you want in your A-2. I live in BFL and I can drive to where...Fresno?

Cheers,