• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any idea what this patch might have been on this M-422A?

bazelot

I just received a Ed Church M-422A that used to have a squadron patch on the chest and a CBI parch on the shoulder. THe patch weirdly shape (see pic below) any idea what it might have been?

bazelot

Lol. That much is probably true :). I thought that the shape being not usual would make it easily recognizable.

A

Anonymous

somewhere I have a book in pdf with all navy patches
if you care I can send it to you

unclegrumpy

jschare said:
Here's a web site where you might find something.

http://wwiisquadronpatches.com/SquadronPatchUSNNavy.html
Virtually every one of those patches are bad fakes. The general designs maybe worthwhile for identification, but many if not most, are not the same shapes or dimensions as the originals.

As far as sorting out what might have originally gone on this jacket, I think it will be tough because a number of patches have that shape....especially those in the postwar to Korean War time period.

EMBLEMHUNTER

It could be any number of squadron's as some had the rectangular area belwo the emblem for the pilots name/rank, or name in Chinese and below in English, if you had the name of the guy that used it that would be a better clue ..................

EMBLEMHUNTER

unclegrumpy said:
jschare said:
Here's a web site where you might find something.

http://wwiisquadronpatches.com/SquadronPatchUSNNavy.html
Virtually every one of those patches are bad fakes. The general designs maybe worthwhile for identification, but many if not most, are not the same shapes or dimensions as the originals.

As far as sorting out what might have originally gone on this jacket, I think it will be tough because a number of patches have that shape....especially those in the postwar to Korean War time period.

That site not only has very poor designs in the USN but also the other services too ....................

bazelot

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
It could be any number of squadron's as some had the rectangular area belwo the emblem for the pilots name/rank, or name in Chinese and below in English, if you had the name of the guy that used it that would be a better clue ..................

Yes thta was probably a regular round patch with a squadron number written on the bottom. It is too bad all those patches were removed from the jacket. I am having the cuffs replaced and once it is done I will post pictures.

Based on the shape, the first one that came to mind was VF-53 Iron Angels. I have seen versions of the patch that fit the outline on your jacket.