• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another misrepresented auction!

Andrew

I'm a bit rusty with these now Andrew, but what identifies the mask as a repro to you? The fact that he says he's not sure it's original basically says that he thinks it's not original :D
I have two originals myself so perhaps it's a good time to move one along.

The goggles are RCAF and he doesn't mention that anywhere.

Roughwear

The loom / cord has no provision for a bell shaped jack plug or receivers, plus there's no internals on the mic. Last but not least the shape and stitching on the mask is totally wrong. Here's my original set up by way of comparison.

Andrew

My masks, looms, RT's and plugs are all original so I'll take a look and compare them too. You often see looms without plugs and phones, Steve has been selling those for years so it's probably one of his just fitted to make it look complete and then given a fancy history to inflate the sale. Vongold's been around for years but I dont recall him selling dodgy items but I do recall the story's occasionally sounded a little far fetched.

Roughwear

You can see the Fake 'AM' stamps on the mask, which is not one of Steve Silburn's. This dealer frequently sells things that are questionable. This feedback is revealing.FAKE ITEM!! DISHONEST SELLER!! REFUSED TO REFUND RETURN SHIPPING AS PER POLICY!