• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another du bow.................

shanghai joe

mine........

funny.........listing was instantaneous!

feelin' lucky.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=018

what with the prices of A2s rocketing..............gotta jump on the bandwagon before it leaves ol joe behind...........

what was I goin' to say.........oh yes an original can hold its own vs a repro ........anytime....in my humble opinion, of course!

lucky joe

shanghai joe

selling to upgrade..........

the next mountain is higher............the next ocean is deeper.........the next grail beckons

Hawkeye

Thats a pretty nice jacket Joe, how can you upgrade from that? Lucky that yours went up immediately, mine took a good 7 or 8 hours.

shanghai joe

Hawkeye said:
Thats a pretty nice jacket Joe, how can you upgrade from that? Lucky that yours went up immediately, mine took a good 7 or 8 hours.

upgrade:impossible is nothin........

thanks for the compliment bro'.

guess mine was a fast squirt..........maybe it's the time of the nite? I listed about 9.00ish in the evening........maybe it's a bit quieter?

My first listing was overnite.......I was shittin' meself..........you know how it is the first time!Popping my ebay cherry :twisted:

shanghai joe

Hawkeye said:

costs me £3.13 to list..........guess I'll have to make do without a hotdog a coffee and a donut........

:D hungry joe

A

Anonymous

shanghai joe said:
what with the prices of A2s rocketing..............gotta jump on the bandwagon before it leaves ol joe behind...........

A few weeks of limited availability on Ebay and everyone saying prices are rocketing. I see no evidence of it. Some are jumping on a non-existent bnandwagon only to see their jackets not sell. Agree there's probably some upward movement due to weak $ but really not much. Mt assessment: this jacket will not sell, neither will Hawkeyes.

shanghai joe

Tranquility Base said:
shanghai joe said:

A few weeks of limited availability on Ebay and everyone saying prices are rocketing. I see no evidence of it. Some are jumping on a non-existent bnandwagon only to see their jackets not sell. Agree there's probably some upward movement due to weak $ but really not much. Mt assessment: this jacket will not sell, neither will Hawkeyes.

thanks for honest opinion......... :)

guess I'll have to withdraw listing....... :eek:

asiamiles

shanghai joe said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280218137368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
Doesn't state "Flight Jacket" in title to attract browsers. Doesn't ship to Europe. No info about condition, nor measurements. I would suggest these don't help to sell the item.

shanghai joe

asiamiles said:
shanghai joe said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280218137368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
Doesn't state "Flight Jacket" in title to attract browsers. Doesn't ship to Europe. No info about condition, nor measurements. I would suggest these don't help to sell the item.

thanks for input !

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
Nice jacket but a tad on the pricey side. What did the named pilot do during the war?

a humpster..........NOT a hampster...........a humpster of planes NOT a humpster of womenfolks.........

how're things going........got your item yet?

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
shanghai joe said:
taikonaut said:
Nice jacket but a tad on the pricey side. What did the named pilot do during the war?

still cheaper than a D3............ :eek:

I shoot with a Canon.

Then it's even even cheaper than a Mark 4..........or is it a Mark 5?

I only use a compact digital.......guess my honeys goes into more affordables
:oops:

havocpaul

I guess this is what's known as a 'silly-season' or maybe folk think April fool lasts all month...!! I got your 'point' Joe (!) but there's some weird expectations on eBay at the moment, having visited a large militaria show here last weekend it seems there are no shortage of original jackets in UK at more realistic prices than ebay, there is no sudden diminishing supply.

taikonaut

still cheaper than a D3............ :eek:[/quote]

I shoot with a Canon.[/quote]

:oops:[/quote]

They only just got use to the Mk3 from last year, it will be another 3 years for any upgrade to a Mk4. For $2.5k could get you the new 5D replacement out in September.

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
still cheaper than a D3............ :eek:

I shoot with a Canon.[/quote]

:oops:[/quote]

They only just got use to the Mk3 from last year, it will be another 3 years for any upgrade to a Mk4. For $2.5k could get you the new 5D replacement out in September.[/quote]

$2.5Kdollah.........is that sourced from the UK? Sorry but money is limited, still nice to know the slr market!

what's the going rate for a UK mark 3?

shanghai joe

havocpaul said:
I guess this is what's known as a 'silly-season' or maybe folk think April fool lasts all month...!! I got your 'point' Joe (!) but there's some weird expectations on eBay at the moment, having visited a large militaria show here last weekend it seems there are no shortage of original jackets in UK at more realistic prices than ebay, there is no sudden diminishing supply.

it's getting to the source.......you've discovered shangri la............share the directions please!