• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anj4 fit opinion please

stevetfire

It looks like a really good fit to me John ,sleeve and length look ok and I can see you've managed some thin layers under it , what are your thoughts

John Lever

Ok, well this an early one from 1993 and I suspect the pattern has been altered since then. My thoughts are that it could be longer in the body the person who bought it from new is not very tall and he might have requested a shorter length. The arms are perfect but there is some resistance to movement above horizontal.
It is probably a true vintage fit rather than a modern grunge fit.

blackrat2

Yes that looks pretty good to me also John
Was that your good self at Carphone warehouse the other day??

Silver Surfer

generally aok, but i agree about the length.. i like longer jackets. if i am not mistaken the original anj4 jackets were a little short, as compared to, say, b-3s. at least the ones that i have handled were.

John Lever

blackrat2 said:
Yes that looks pretty good to me also John
Was that your good self at Carphone warehouse the other day??

I thought it was you, please give me a poke if you see me again ! I was struggling with the lock screen display.

John Lever

Thanks for you advice, please keep the comments coming. So I should keep it and not go up the a new size 44 ?

s4rmark

I'm hoping an a anj-4 will be on my buy list this year and if it fits like yours it will definitely be a keeper.

sloan1874

Length looks good to me. I prefer my cuffs just a little longer but that's personal taste, and I don't think yours look 'off' at all. Here's mine:

CBI

John - the fit looks good. I seem to remember that you generally wear a slightly larger/looser fit. This trimmer fit also works.

TOMG1401

In my opinion John, that's the best fitting jacket I've seen you wear, I have always felt you were one size larger than needed, just my opinion, looks great

Dani-B

Perfect in every manner, John! Sleeve length, jacket length, fit around shoulders, chest and waist - couldn't be better IMHO. And a very nice AN-J-4 jacket too!
Regards Daniel