• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AN-J-3 prototype finished.

STEVE S.

Skip said:
Nice work Steve, are you planning to sell these?

yes, as soon as i can lock down a supplier for that goatskin. about 95% of the goat out there is too thin & smooth grain. i bought these hides off ebay & was very happy with what i received. have sent a few messages inquiring about more, but haven't gotten any replies.

ausreenactor said:
That did not take you long? Nicely done...

yeah, much quicker than that B-2, but having one apart for patterns speeds it up a bunch vs working off of pics on the computer!! :lol:

STEVE S.

the A2 is a little more squared off. think that is due to the collar extending about half way into the flap.

chamboid

STEVE S. said:
Skip said:
Nice work Steve, are you planning to sell these?

yes, as soon as i can lock down a supplier for that goatskin. about 95% of the goat out there is too thin & smooth grain. i bought these hides off ebay & was very happy with what i received. have sent a few messages inquiring about more, but haven't gotten any replies.

ausreenactor said:
That did not take you long? Nicely done...

yeah, much quicker than that B-2, but having one apart for patterns speeds it up a bunch vs working off of pics on the computer!! :lol:

I know the hides that John started using got his goatskin was taken over by a new supplier in the U.S. And they were the closest to vintage goatskin I have ever seen. Not easy to find though decent goatskin, not with a really nice pebbled grain

Great job btw, collar looks great, and the shape of the pockets are spot on for a W&G, hope you get a lot of interest.