amelia earhart jacket style

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by FlyingYankee, Dec 26, 2015.

1. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

Looks good. Tandy never impressed me and was always overpriced with few selections in leather. You got lucky, I'd say.
    Nice looking jacket - you make it look easy!

Dave

2. STEVE S.

STEVE S. Member

yeah, never saw much hide wise at tandy that did it for me, but took a chance on this one at $1.35 per sq ft. they have some nice hides, but at about 3 times the price as I can get elsewhere.

3. 2BM2K

2BM2K Active Member

Thanks for the info. Certainly a good looking jacket.

4. 2BM2K

2BM2K Active Member

The leather reminds me of this original Aero A2 which was sold on Ebay a few years ago.

[​IMG]

5. STEVE S.

STEVE S. Member

yes, that was the look I was aiming for.

Sadly, since this jacket was a surprise without any input from the Mrs. it doesn't fit her, so am making her another. If anyone is interested in a jacket for the missus, it is for sale cheap as in "cost of materials". Women have too many "bumpity bits" that complicate things!!

6. a2jacketpatches

a2jacketpatches Active Member

Yeah, their lambskins are 90- plus each. I'm getting bigger hides of equal quality for 40- to 50- shipped from an Ebayer in LA.

7. AlexDrepager

AlexDrepager New Member

The flight across the Pacific was there from Hawaii to California and back. She was not the first who dreamt of flight. http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/amelia-earhart-essay There are others who have done it, but they were men and she was a female pilot.