Amelia Earhart Flight Jacket Reproduction - The Aviatrix

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by Skyhawk, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Hello all, we have been in the planning stage for some time now on the Aviatrix jacket. Our goal is to produce a high quality, durable "real" flight jacket for women that is an exact reproduction of one of Amelia's favorite flight jackets. Our hope is that this project can contribute to preserving the memory of the legendary woman aviator, while providing a solid vintage style flight jacket for women.

You can help make this project a reality by supporting our kickstarter campaign:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/343095424/amelia-earhart-flight-jacket
    [​IMG]

Nicolas likes this.
  2. dujardin

dujardin Active Member

great idea, that's a really cool looking jacket

good luck with your project

3. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Thanks a million! Yes I agree a very cool looking jacket. I believe it is historically significant, not only as Amelia's jacket, but also as a piece in the evolution of the military flight jacket. This jacket would have been made in the early to mid 1930's and seems to fit right in between the A-1 and A-2 in terms of style and time period. It has the knit collar similar to the A-1 but has a zip front like the A-2. The pocket flaps are the familiar scalloped shape found on both jackets, but the pocket size and positioning are more like the A-2. The back was a one piece style like the A-2. I am really excited to get this project funded so we can build this historic jacket. We are starting to build up steam having 2 new backers just this morning! Remember that if you would like to support the project, you can pledge any amount. Even a $1 pledge will help us reach our goal and get this jacket produced.

4. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

I love this style - kind of hoping you will have a guy option. JC has created a few like this, very cool!

5. colekwok

colekwok Member

Very tempting to get one for my partner. Possibly a good way to get her into this little 'hobby'. ;)

6. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Yes, the best way! Nothing makes you appreciate a vintage style leather jacket like breaking one in and making it your own.

I have updated the project page with more levels of support, including the opportunity to purchase a pre-order Aviatrix jacket for 35% off the retail price!

To answer CBI, I have seen JC's. Nice details and right in line with my research. We can custom make one for a man. I am always open to doing custom projects. You can PM or email me anytime.

The men's would be a totally different pattern but based on our A-1. The Aviatrix is going to be women's sizing XXS-XL and will definitely have a more feminine cut like the original:
    [​IMG]