• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpha "Replica" L-2A/L-2B Sizing/Quality Advice

bretron

Gents,

I am strongly considering picking up one of the Alpha Industries "Replica" L-2A or L-2B, but am stuck on sizing. Anyone have any experience with these and can drop some sizing and quality knowledge on me? I really appreciate it. I am going between a medium/38 or the large/40, but leaning towards the medium/38 to keep a narrower profile.

I have found a few reported size charts from Rakuten/etc, as follows, BUT they differ pretty drastically, plus I would love an actual size measurement and overall review for one of you flight junkies :D

From Fuji Military Shop:
M/38: Length: 64cm; Width: 54cm; Shoulder: 44cm; Sleeve: 69cm
L/40: Length 65cm; Width: 57cm; Shoulder: 45cm; Sleeve: 69cm
XL/42: Length 67cm; Width: 58cm; Shoulder: 48cm; Sleeve: 70cm

From Rakuten:
M/38: Length: 61cm; Width: 61cm; Shoulder: 50cm; Sleeve: 61cm
L/40: Length:63cm; Width:62cm; Shoulder:51cm; Sleeve: 62cm
XL/42: Length:67cm; Width:64cm; Shoulder:53cm; Sleeve: 63cm

Willy McCoy

The best place to find them is on eBay. There is one seller that has them all the time and there is a sizing chart in the listing. Rakuten is the last place I would look for one. The Yen is too strong.

FtrPlt

A bit belated but here are the measurements off my size Medium, Alpha replica L-2A

Chest, pit-to-pit: 24.5 inches
Shoulder-to-shoulder: 18.5 inches
Length, base of collar to bottom of knits: 24 inches
Arm length: 31 inches from collar to end of wrist knits; 25 inches from shoulder to wrist.

I'm a size 40 and I can wear this with a medium-weight (Wooly Pully) sweater underneath.

These have a trimmer cut than an MA-1 so they appear more snug fitting than they really are.

if you need any other measurements, let me know.

Chris

SuinBruin

My size 40 Alpha replica L-2A had the following measurements: Front down the zip, 22"; pit to pit, 24"; sleeve length, 24"; shoulder to shoulder, 21"; down the back from the collar, 26"