• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Real Deal - now and then

Jason

I've been meaning to do this for a while. Over the last year, the jacket I've been reaching for more than any other has been an Aero Real Deal. Bought from Kevin approximately 2 years ago (I think?) I've kept a loose photo record of how it has been developing over that time.

When Kevin first offered it for sale, this is the photo he had at the time:
AeroRDthen.jpg

And when I recevied it, this is what it looked like on me:
AeroRD2.jpg

About 6-8 months later, and after losing a little weight, the Aero is looking & fitting very nicely, thanks very much:
AeroRD_1.jpg

Today, I've regained a bit of unwanted weight, but the Aero is looking better with every passing month, and this is what it looks like now:
IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

The red base is starting to show through here:
IMG_1361.jpg

and if the entire jacket starts to take on this look all over, I'll be REALLY happy:
IMG_1366.jpg

The Aero still fits amazingly well, its comfortable to wear - though a tad short in the back when I sit down in the drivers seat of the car, but this is typical of the Aero pattern anyway. Due to the amount of wear its been getting in the last 18 months, the leather has really broken in very well and is very soft, which makes it even more comfortable. Not only that but the Aero Real Deal still has the best smelling leather of them all which just adds to the overall appeal.

that is a very nice jacket. the red undertone does give it a unique look. I like the idea of keeping a photo journal of your jacket.

Hawkeye

Lookin good, the red undertones really give it character. I've been thinking about getting a real deal myself in russet with dark brown knits.