• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Plainsman -- Seal Vincenza Horsehide

Superfluous

First and foremost, huge thanks to Carrie at Thurston Bros. She is an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I am not a fan of Horween FQHH and, therefore, I did not previously patronize Aero. However, Thurston’s introduction of the Vincenza HH changed the playing field. The Vincenza has far more grain and character than the Horween FQHH, and is also considerably more pliable. That said, the Vincenza still has the hearty/sturdy feel of HH. It is a wonderful leather.

Given my preference for slender, minimalist cuts, I went with the Plainsman. The fit is fantastic! After much contemplation, I went with a 26.5 in back (I am 6’0’’) and I am really pleased with the length.

IMHO, the workmanship is good, but not great. Don't get me wrong . . . I love the jacket. On the other hand, I have jackets – admittedly more expensive – that have better workmanship (e.g., more precise edge work and stitching).

eef62d53-4afa-41bc-a1e0-0cb9ff727653_zpsde85ccbf.jpg

AeroPlainsman046_zpsb42ffc02.jpg

AeroPlainsman047_zps8d7a181d.jpg

AeroPlainsman050_zps070fb1d8.jpg

AeroPlainsman051_zps64b85b5e.jpg

eighty7h

Wonderful jacket and I don't think the fit could be any better. Just right in my opinion. Looks like a keeper.

Happy Hooligan

looks great. the HH is really different from most Aeros Very, very grainy. I really like it and think it should age perfectly.

watchmanjimg

An excellent trim fit that appears to strike the perfect balance between a clean look and adequate freedom of movement. Congrats!