• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Long Half Belt

Jamesp

It weights just over 4lbs (on my bathroom scales!)

When my pal held the jacket for me (as I was about to wallop a punch bag at a fair ground, when will I grow up!! ) he was surprised at its weight.

Having said this it is not at all noticeable when being worn, not at all.

Cheerio
James.

Tommer45

James this thread has convinced me that the Long Half Belt is the way to go. Just placed my order with Mark Moye today..

-Vintage HH - Cordovan
-Inside Pocket
-Black Watch lining

And now the waiting game begins...

Tommer

Vcruiser

I like the long HalfBelt as well.....
...but finally placed my order for a Bootlegger like this one today with Amanda!
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/7487901

Minus the Zip sleeves and bi-swing (not for riding...just wearing).

Antique Brown FQHH(same as pic)
Added inside pocket
Alcapa lined
I sure don't need another jacket...but this one's been on my mind for several years.
Van

Tommer45

Nice looking jacket, Van. This'll be my first Aero.. I'm really looking forward to it. I know it won't fit as perfectly as my Langlitz, but it'll sure fit better than my LW.. anything inbetween those two should be just fine.

Tommer

les_garten

Tommer45 said:
Nice looking jacket, Van. This'll be my first Aero.. I'm really looking forward to it. I know it won't fit as perfectly as my Langlitz, but it'll sure fit better than my LW.. anything inbetween those two should be just fine.

Tommer

Hi Tommer,
The only "gig" I would have against Aero is their Zippers. I haven't bought a Jacket from them in a year or so, but I would say across the Board a lot of "their" zips have been sub par. Make sure you look into all your zip options before you make a decision. I had an Indian Ranger that had a Bad Talon replica on a sleeve that was broken. They will most likely tell you hat they will only guarantee "their" zips on FQHH. Their zips on my Jackets say YKK 51 on the back, and have been good so far. Just an FYI.

Of course a Big Bad Crown would be Killer on that Jacket...

Tommer45

Hey Les, yeah I've heard some Aero zipper complaints over the past couple of years. Mine should have all Aero brand zippers (whether that's good or bad I don't really know). Just as long as they get the job done I guess.

Tommer

les_garten

Tommer45 said:
Hey Les, yeah I've heard some Aero zipper complaints over the past couple of years. Mine should have all Aero brand zippers (whether that's good or bad I don't really know). Just as long as they get the job done I guess.

Tommer

Hi,
The YKK's I have on my FQHH seem to be fine. I think the one I had fail was a 1950's Talon Replica. I don't know who made it though. Most of the complaints that I have seen are on the Talon replicas. My A-2's with the Talon 1940's replicas seem great, although others may have had issue with them also. Best of Luck with it, I wanna see it when ya get it. I think that will be my 'Next" jacket whenever that happens.

Jamesp

Here is my Aero Long Half Belt after some wear.

I would like slightly longer sleeves but then again I like the way I can show a bit of cuff.

Even thought it’s a relaxed fit it does on occasion feel slightly restrictive when zipped up (rarely do this) but it’s not a problem.

I find it’s a versatile jacket which is why it gets worn a lot.

James

les_garten

Jamesp said:
Here is my Aero Long Half Belt after some wear.

I would like slightly longer sleeves but then again I like the way I can show a bit of cuff.

Even thought it’s a relaxed fit it does on occasion feel slightly restrictive when zipped up (rarely do this) but it’s not a problem.

I find it’s a versatile jacket which is why it gets worn a lot.

James

AWESOME!!! My Next Jacket for sure!

jack aranda

Hello, Jamesp:
I see from these pictures what people mean when talking about Aero's armholes. There does seem to be a lot of hide there. I notice the same thing on my Bootlegger; there is room enough, it seems, for a second pair of arms to fit in the armholes.

But, that is simply a drop-dead splendind coat you're wearing. Aero's picture of a scrawny lad wearing it by the shore (Peter Davison in "All Creatures Great and Small" look-a-like) does not do the coat justice. Killer look. :cool:

Tommer45

James, you really went all out with the pics. Thanks! Jacket looks awesome.. it's really breaking in nice (and quick, too.. although I do remember you mentioning something about many hours of riding in the rain which helps).

Really looks great... can't wait til mine arrives. Thanks again.

Tommer

bobjones

jack aranda said:
Hello, Jamesp:
I see from these pictures what people mean when talking about Aero's armholes. There does seem to be a lot of hide there. I notice the same thing on my Bootlegger; there is room enough, it seems, for a second pair of arms to fit in the armholes.

But, that is simply a drop-dead splendind coat you're wearing. Aero's picture of a scrawny lad wearing it by the shore (Peter Davison in "All Creatures Great and Small" look-a-like) does not do the coat justice. Killer look. :cool:

I believe that "scrawny kid" is the son of the owner, Will Lauder.

johnnynotoes-1

Good evening folks...I am tempted to try one of these but wasn't sure if the cut would be flattering. I have a Monarch with a similar look but it's vintage of course and a sz48 est. Size 46 in vintage usually won't fit.
I'm avg height at 5'9" [175 cm] but I have to take a 46 modern to get fitted across the chest and shoulders. Question is...Are there any opinions concerning how this jacket might fit on someone with a stockier build? I know they look flattering on a slender perhaps taller build from the photos I've seen. Liking the jacket won't do much good if I won't wear it because of the cut. No fashionista me! Just wondering on the proper sartorial criteria in these matters. Some styles suiting certain body shapes better than others, etc.
Thanks for any opinions,....J.

les_garten

Tommer,
I know you want one of these BAD!! I can hear your Brain Cells, all the way down here in Florida, trying to figure out how to get one of these!!

Les

CBI

I was going back and forth between the Long Half Belt and the Vest de Ralle (sp?). These photos help me decide - Half Belt!!! I will place an order soon. My first non-military style leather jacket purchase in some time. Cool!!!!!!

Tommer45

les_garten said:
Tommer,
I know you want one of these BAD!! I can hear your Brain Cells, all the way down here in Florida, trying to figure out how to get one of these!!

Les

Yo Les, already have mine on order.. now I just have to wait until mid march... and then it'll be too warm to wear it so I'll have to wait 'til next year! :?

Tommer

les_garten

Tommer45 said:
les_garten said:
Tommer,

Les

Yo Les, already have mine on order.. now I just have to wait until mid march... and then it'll be too warm to wear it so I'll have to wait 'til next year! :?

Tommer

Great! Should have known! Let us see it when you get it!

Les