• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Long Half Belt

Jamesp

Thought I would share my latest jacket with you all:

It was a special made with no storm cuffs, but with button cuffs and an inside pocket.

The good thing about the sales items (apart from the saving!) is that there is no waiting,
It arrived the next day.

It’s tagged 40 but it fits more like a 42. Despite this it is a tad restrictive due to the cut in the sleeves. I checked the fit/cut against an original 40s half belt I have but found that also has a large arm hole which slightly restricts movement in the arms. It’s by no means a problem but I think I noticed it after the Aero A2 I which I have been wearing daily and is cut very small in the arms and gives greater ease of movement.

Although the sleeves could be a ½ inch longer I believe the fit is good.

This jacket is so well made, great quality right down to the pocket and jacket linings. The front quarter horse hide is superb, just fantastic.

I have had my sights on an Aero half belt for some time so when this came up I was on the phone without hesitation. Very pleased!!

Cheerio
James.:)

Happy Hooligan

I was the same about 10 years ago.. I had to have a half belt!

I had a highwayman, but sold it and got the half belt as a replacement..

I didn't do with the long one, just the regular one and the 30's version didn't exist yet.

I went with a light horse than the FQ as my highwayman was FQ and I could never move in it. I also went with longer sleeves as when I drive my highwayman which looked fine with the arms down somehow moved to my elbows everytime I drove.

I really like the half belt look and feel. When it's cooler I alternate between that and my Aero A2. I do perfer the A2 though I think like you, in terms of arm movement.

I wish Aero had a better sale page like they use to... They use to have trainee made jackets for really cheep and test jackets too. And Ken was super to work with.

Sorry to rant...

That jacket is awesome and will look even better the more you wear it!

Nice pick up!

Tommer45

Hey James... awesome jacket. Very nice. I've been in touch with Mark Moye a couple of times about the Long Half Belt. I love the jacket. After reading your review my only concern would be the restricted arm movement. I have a FQ horse jacket in a size bigger than I usually wear, and the restriction in the arm movement is insane. How bad is it on the Aero? Just curious to hear your thoughts because I'd hate to go through the same trouble again.

Tommer

Jamesp

Well the jacket is now almost fully broken in due to 7 hours riding on my old Norton in the rain! BBC weather forecasting is not accurate!!

With regard to the arm movement Tommer I have to say it was not noticed when riding my bike and it is only restrictive when lifting the arms up sideways. Although as the jacket softens the restriction is less but the shoulders lift.

If I were to order another Long Half Belt I would specifically asked for the cut to be smaller in the top of the arms, in other words a smaller arm hole. Also I would ask for a trimmer body as it has plenty of room in the midriff. In fact I may well consider this as, for me anyway, this could be the perfect leather jacket.

Just can’t stop looking at it, it’s the biz.

P.S.

Thanks for all you comments.

James.

Who

The idea of one's movement being restricted is a key problem for some leather jackets. My best ones don't do screw me around. I understand that bad tailoring is the cause of this problem. Surely Aero isn't badly tailored? (as opposed to wonderfully made)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Who said:
.. I understand that bad tailoring is the cause of this problem. Surely Aero isn't badly tailored? (as opposed to wonderfully made)

It's not the construction, or quality of the jacket that's the problem ... it's in the cut, as James says, the armholes need to be higher/smaller.

Tommer45

James thanks for the info. I've heard that Aero's armholes can be a bit big. Beautiful jacket though... any pics of the Norton?

Tommer

Jamesp

Sorry for the delay chaps,

On the delivery note from Aero it just says ‘FQ horse brown’ but I am sure its cordovan.

Picture of the Norton at Brooklands for Tommer:

Cheerio

James.

Tommer45

Wow.. beautiful bike. Thanks for the pic James. Might be the coolest looking Norton I've ever seen. Beauty. The jacket and bike compliment each other nicely!

Ride safe bud.

Tommer

Nice bike. I ordered my Aero about 3 months ago. Received an e-mail from Mark last week that it left the factory and is on its way to the states. As always, when it's here you will see the pics. I ordered a FQHH LHB in brown. The only thing I asked for was an inside pocket like G-1's have.

les_garten

Really nice Jacket. I like the idea of the extra length! Gives it a unique look. Aero FQHH resists you, causes bruises on you, then goes limp like Glove leather, thick glove leather. Love that stuff!

Les

James, I notice your jacket does the same thing on the left side as mine. It seems to fold over just a bit. I think it does this due to the pocket on the outside and the inside G-1 type pocket inside. I would post pics, but it looks just like the jacket on the picture trail LHB with the brown Alpaca wool liner. I love this jacket. It is not as heavy or stiff as many people say. I think my Lost World A-2 is stiffer. I am so pleased with it and Mark for all his help.

Dave

les_garten

srivats said:
That is a nice jacket .... what color is it? Brown or Cordovan?

I don't believe it is cordovan. I think Aero calls it Antique Brown. I have 5 Aero's in that color and they all look like the one in this thread.

HHjackets

davyjones007 said:
... I think it does this due to the pocket on the outside and the inside G-1 type pocket inside...

ive seen it happen on those without an inside pocket. i'd say it would happen even if there was no breast pocket. it has to do with the piece of leather used. luckily it's not happening on mine.

Jamesp

Oh yes, I have not noticed that before, will have to work on my traps and shoulders!!

Jacket wearing in nicely now and I am still very happy with it.

I also have a Lost Worlds A2 which has heavy skin but the Aero is noticeably thicker?

Cheerio

James.