• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero leather Field modified A-2

Skip

My wife received her jacket today, and she's quite chuffed with it. (early Christmas present)

She wanted the look of an A-2 with the M422 mouton, and there just happened to be one on Aero's used page. Seal Jerky HH and nicely worn in with a tiny bit of wear showing, with a reddish tinge beginning to show through in the wear areas (not really noticable in the pics). I was quite surprised at how 'light' the leather feels. Mouton is sown on to the standard A-2 collar, and its not the usual Aero standup collar (?) not that it would worry her

Its a 36 and slightly large, but she's happy with the look and feel of it.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

nogbat

thats a good jacket , ive seen a horsehide a2 with a light colour that looked ok as well ,,,as regaurds early xmas presents be careful not to spoil her now ;)

watchmanjimg

Nice jacket, but from her expression she appears to be thinking "I can't believe I let him talk me into this . . ."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skip

watchmanjimg said:
Nice jacket, but from her expression she appears to be thinking "I can't believe I let him talk me into this . . ."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean one of those :roll: expressions? Yes, the turbo lag when one chooses to push the fake shutter button on the phone trying to be a camera.

I like the contrast in the mouton and reckon it would have looked great if the knits were more a rust colour than dark brown, but second hand cant be choosers. She's happy with it.

Thanks for the comments

CBI

Looks good. I have tried to have the wife wear an original A-2 in her size, a G-1 and a civi B-10'ish jacket, all to no avail.

Congrats

CBI

I still a few ideas and she really likes the jacket I recently painted for our daughter - so - maybe......

arclight

Great looking jacket. What she is really thinking is ...."I've have the jacket, now I need the plane like the one that just flew by."

A

Anonymous

Outstanding jacket, and you have a beautiful wife to wear it. Congrats

dujardin

nice jacket

cool to see a lady with a leather jacket

such a collar was a field modification, can be seen on era photos