• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Jacket Arrival

Vcruiser

New brown Aero FQHH Bootlegger arrived today.
Ordered January 16.
Good fit from Aero.
Pics forthcoming...as soon as Hoosier rain stops.
I am very pleased with the cut and pattern of this Bootlegger....plus the new brass "Aero" stamped zip is much smoother than the previous Talon. The brown HH is a little darker(richer) than my older Highwayman.
Now..to break it in!
Van

bseal

Will you be using the Hoosier rain to your advantage for the "break in"?

Congrats!

Vcruiser

bseal said:
Will you be using the Hoosier rain to your advantage for the "break in"?

Congrats!

Thanks bseal!
Hoosier rain...er no thanks on that....not too keen about walking in the rain...or riding the Harley in the rain(on purpose). Just not that hardcore..I reckon! My luck..if I'd lay it outside in the rain...Hoosier starlings would aim a good cluster crap on it. Got one of those plastic spray/mist bottles. Just wet her down real good....put her on...and wear her around the house untill she dries out(the jacket that is....). After several good soaking spray downs..she molds to the body(jacket that is...)..softens up real nice...and pretty near good to go. Wearing it till dry is the key for me.
Van

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
Hoosier rain...er no thanks on that....not too keen about walking in the rain...or riding the Harley in the rain(on purpose). Just not that hardcore.

Oh I get it, that hoosier rain is some serious stuff .... we can wait. :cool:

flood_n_martinsville.jpg

Vcruiser

How IN the hell did you get a shot of my driveway from clear on the other side of the world..??

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
How IN the hell did you get a shot of my driveway from clear on the other side of the world..??

So you like my new Sony telephoto lens, Van? :cool:

... and are you still suffering the Hoosier rain? We would be just as happy with indoor shots. :p

Vcruiser

Oh..OK..David...
In between showers.
New fresh out of the box. Un broken in...stiff.
Darker hvy FQHH compared to my other older Aeros.

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Here's a pic of my broken-in Highwayman for comparison....
IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Van

Vcruiser

John Lever said:
Van,
Another beauty. Horsehide seems to hate to hug the waist, it's stiffness leaves that gap.

...er...prob... my slightly over indulgence of good ole beer doesn't help....John Lever.
Van

donsom

Now that's a really nice jacket .... really like the colour and the taper. Another win for Aero ...

bseal

Vcruiser said:

IMG_0106.jpg

Van
By far the best Aero you own: I am referring to the cut, color, style, and how it all comes together to match your personality. Excellent!

Vcruiser

bseal said:
Vcruiser said:

Van
By far the best Aero you own: I am referring to the cut, color, style, and how it all comes together to match your personality. Excellent!

Thanks Steve
...but even Hacker thinks that I have kind of a poor personality... :(

Vcruiser

bseal said:
Hacker, the dope fiend? You're all good.

Hey yeah!...I never looked at it that way before....it WAS always him...and not me!
Thanks again
Mr. Wonderful :mrgreen:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
Oh..OK..David...
In between showers.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Van .... it's been a while since we've seen you standing in the garden, wearing a new Aero. :)

It looks like it will break in well, and the colour is great.

hacker

Vcruiser said:
bseal said:

Hey yeah!...I never looked at it that way before....it WAS always him...and not me!
Thanks again

Say what you will, I still think it would look better if you wore it without the sales brochure attached :lol:

Gramps ;)

Vcruiser

hacker said:
Vcruiser said:
bseal said:

Thanks again

Say what you will, I still think it would look better if you wore it without the sales brochure attached :lol:

Gramps ;)

"Fresh outa the box"..Gramps!
The hell with HH...lets see a pic or two of that new little Avery boy!
VB