• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero guaranteed fit from Insurrection!!!

ButteMT61

Yep, was going to post it in the "make a wish" thread as it addresses some of my points.
Seem to really be working hard they do. Thumbs up to Wade.

Faster

I have to tell all that I can't recommend this fit and design process enough. I went to Insurrection a week ago and purchased an off-the-rack Aero Cafe' Racer. Insurrection's Aero jackets are absolutely amazing, so I purchased a 42 and took it home. Wade and Carrie had told me that as long as I didn't wear the jacket outside or take the tags off of the jacket that I could get my friend's and family's opinions on the jacket. If I wanted some changes, I could bring the racer back within the week and purchase a custom, made-to-order Aero! I must add here that the delineation at Insurrection between off-the-rack and custom is completely arbitrary because, for all intensive purposes, Insurrection's Aeros are ALL custom pieces, with all of the bells and whistles that we talk about here on TFL.

So, long story short, I took the jacket home, I really didn't think I could be more pleased with it, but I did found myself wanting some "tweaking" when I tried the piece on with a variety different pants and upper body garments. I found that I wanted the body of the jacket 1/2" longer, which I couldn't believe because the jacket I purchased from Insurrection was already 26.75" long! This is truly the genius of this fit process--you find that you want something you never knew you would want! Less significant, but still important to me, was that I decided I wanted to go with a bit more daring liner choice, the black/white Harris Tweed, which Wade really recommended, and some inner pockets for more storage (phone, keys, whatnot...)!

Here are the new specifications on the jacket:

Black Heavy FQHH Cafe' Racer, size 42, traditional Insurrection design with the following changes--

1) 27 1/4" body length, measured from the neck seam, down the back, to the bottom hem
2) 26 1/4" sleeve length, measured from the shoulder seam to end of cuff
3) Black/White Harris Tweed lining
4) 1" of leather facing on the inside of each sleeve cuff
5) Inside pockets with stud closures on inside, vertical leather facing, left AND right side
6) Black Drill lining on inside of ALL pockets

When I returned the jacket yesterday, Wade and Carrie were both incredibly welcoming and took the piece back with no problems at all. They helped in a way that I believe no one else in the world could with telling me what had worked best with their customers on both off-the-rack and "custom" Aero purchases. I've always been an Insurrection customer, but now I'm an Insurrection customer for life! I have absolutely NO ANXIETY that the Aero Cafe' Racer I receive will be the jacket of my dreams! I can't thank Insurrection enough!

ButteMT61

Careful with these posts - you might get accused of getting favors from Wade... the nuts in the asylums have no bounds :lol:

jack aranda

My wife and I recently purchased a home in Seattle, providentially, or, maybe not (!?) walking distance from Insurrection. I wandered in about a week ago to look around and meet the locals. Wade and Christine were very friendly and knowledgeable, i.e., up to speed with all the major players in the world of our particular interest. I tried on a 30's half-belt in black FQHH that left me weeping in a corner. Right off the rack in Seattle, Aero leather jackets in my size! Fortunately, I'm a brown leather jacket guy or I'd be much poorer today than then. I do look forward to a happy future here in the NW: GW and Aero in the same 'hood!

And, the Naked City brew pub is just down the street! I've been transported to the heavenlies without perishing, lads.

ButteMT61

Faster said:
I have to tell all that I can't recommend this fit and design process enough. I went to Insurrection a week ago and purchased an off-the-rack Aero Cafe' Racer. Insurrection's Aero jackets are absolutely amazing, so I purchased a 42 and took it home. Wade and Carrie had told me that as long as I didn't wear the jacket outside or take the tags off of the jacket that I could get my friend's and family's opinions on the jacket. If I wanted some changes, I could bring the racer back within the week and purchase a custom, made-to-order Aero! I must add here that the delineation at Insurrection between off-the-rack and custom is completely arbitrary because, for all intensive purposes, Insurrection's Aeros are ALL custom pieces, with all of the bells and whistles that we talk about here on TFL.

So, long story short, I took the jacket home, I really didn't think I could be more pleased with it, but I did found myself wanting some "tweaking" when I tried the piece on with a variety different pants and upper body garments. I found that I wanted the body of the jacket 1/2" longer, which I couldn't believe because the jacket I purchased from Insurrection was already 26.75" long! This is truly the genius of this fit process--you find that you want something you never knew you would want! Less significant, but still important to me, was that I decided I wanted to go with a bit more daring liner choice, the black/white Harris Tweed, which Wade really recommended, and some inner pockets for more storage (phone, keys, whatnot...)!

Here are the new specifications on the jacket:

Black Heavy FQHH Cafe' Racer, size 42, traditional Insurrection design with the following changes--

1) 27 1/4" body length, measured from the neck seam, down the back, to the bottom hem
2) 26 1/4" sleeve length, measured from the shoulder seam to end of cuff
3) Black/White Harris Tweed lining
4) 1" of leather facing on the inside of each sleeve cuff
5) Inside pockets with stud closures on inside, vertical leather facing, left AND right side
6) Black Drill lining on inside of ALL pockets

When I returned the jacket yesterday, Wade and Carrie were both incredibly welcoming and took the piece back with no problems at all. They helped in a way that I believe no one else in the world could with telling me what had worked best with their customers on both off-the-rack and "custom" Aero purchases. I've always been an Insurrection customer, but now I'm an Insurrection customer for life! I have absolutely NO ANXIETY that the Aero Cafe' Racer I receive will be the jacket of my dreams! I can't thank Insurrection enough!

{placeholder}

jack aranda

jack aranda said:
My wife and I recently purchased a home in Seattle, providentially, or, maybe not (!?) walking distance from Insurrection. I wandered in about a week ago to look around and meet the locals. Wade and Carrie were very friendly and knowledgeable, i.e., up to speed with all the major players in the world of our particular interest. I tried on a 30's half-belt in black FQHH that left me weeping in a corner. Right off the rack in Seattle, Aero leather jackets in my size! Fortunately, I'm a brown leather jacket guy or I'd be much poorer today than then. I do look forward to a happy future here in the NW: GW and Aero in the same 'hood!

And, the Naked City brew pub is just down the street! I've been transported to the heavenlies without perishing, lads.

Correction to my original post: The correct name is Carrie, not Christine. Careless on my part.

CryptoDave

I just purchased a 1930s Aero Half Belt from Insurrection and it was a perfect fit IMHO. Wade was great and extremely patient.

I have posted pics.

Dave

ButteMT61

CryptoDave said:
I just purchased a 1930s Aero Half Belt from Insurrection and it was a perfect fit IMHO. Wade was great and extremely patient.

I have posted pics.

Dave

Yeah, and you're an actual customer as opposed to some bogus rep posing as one. Your new jacket is nice.

Vcruiser

ButteMT61 said:
CryptoDave said:

I have posted pics.

Dave

Yeah, and you're an actual customer as opposed to some bogus rep posing as one. Your new jacket is nice.

Ha!..Yeah I noticed on the FL that even 'Wade' posed as an Insurrection customer in the beginning posts until someone caught on. Then the 'Faster' poster seemed to take over. Seems to run across several forums. I always thought that it was so obvious..that it was really funny. Maybe a clever way to get the word out....
However..they've built up their clientele and now do have some very satisfied customers. :)

CryptoDave

ButteMT61 said:
CryptoDave said:

I have posted pics.

Dave

Butte,

I don't know if your actually joking or not? But I am an actual customer, in fact you and I have exchanged several posts on this site many many times and your's and Van's are two opinions I actually respect. I actually defended you when you were getting trashed over the whole Aero US thing when you posted your views awhile back. I don't know why you would assume I am a rep? I'm not. In fact, this was the jacket that I purchased with funds from the sale of my Aero Hercules that I had previously posted and everyone commented (correctly) that it was way too big. I was a bit nervous ordering my next jacket when I came across someone mention of Insurrection on the FL. I had a positive experience with them so I thought I would add to this thread here just in case others were interested and might benefit as well. If I we a rep for Insurrection why would I also post pics of my other jackets: a Cockpit Roughneck Oil Driller, an ELC B6 and an Aces High Irvin? I also plan to post some pics of a BK Dubow when it arrives and a Good Wear when it arrives.

Dave

SuinBruin

I'm pretty sure he meant it sincerely, Dave. I think Butte is referring to other posters whose bona fides may be questionable.

ButteMT61

SuinBruin said:
I'm pretty sure he meant it sincerely, Dave. I think Butte is referring to other posters whose bona fides may be questionable.

ABSOLUTELY! Sorry you took it that way Dave. Certainly not my intent. I refused to comment on your TFL thread because I refuse to promote (I know, I just did) a thread pertaining to In*********n.
Your new jacket is lovely.

Again, sorry about that.

Scott

CryptoDave

OK thanks, my bad. I probably missed something.

Thanks for responding. I certainly don't want to offend anyone.

Dave

bretron

jack aranda said:
jack aranda said:
My wife and I recently purchased a home in Seattle, providentially, or, maybe not (!?) walking distance from Insurrection. I wandered in about a week ago to look around and meet the locals. Wade and Carrie were very friendly and knowledgeable, i.e., up to speed with all the major players in the world of our particular interest. I tried on a 30's half-belt in black FQHH that left me weeping in a corner. Right off the rack in Seattle, Aero leather jackets in my size! Fortunately, I'm a brown leather jacket guy or I'd be much poorer today than then. I do look forward to a happy future here in the NW: GW and Aero in the same 'hood!

Correction to my original post: The correct name is Carrie, not Christine. Careless on my part.

Free Ballard, I mean Blard ;)