• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AERO A-2 CLEARANCE June 2013

Ken at Aero Leather

Hi Folks

Chris and John have asked me to post on this new section.
I'm not a big fan of manufacturers posting on forums, and I'm well aware I'm sticking my head into The Lion's Den by posting on VLJ considering how popular Aero seems to be on here but I've always held both Chris and John in the highest respect and us Highlanders aren't easily intiminated so here's a "wee advert" from your new favourite A-2 maker.

"We've recently completed a large trade order for a full range of Aero Type A-2 jackets, 38-1711-P, 40-3785-P, 42-15142-P and 42-18775-P.

It was a very complicated order with lots of different specs, zippers, plus more than one change in the order during production, various colours and hides used, some adapted lengths etc, and, OK we didn't keep on top of things as well as we could and this has left us with a fairly substantial surplus of A-2 jackets left over from this order, overmakes, slight seconds etc , These will all be listed for sale next month, all at the very special price of £360 each, there are a two or three seconds but at least 95% are perfect, anyone looking for a bargain before June should mail [email protected] with the contract number they are looking for plus the size and we'll see what we've got."

There are about 40 jackets in all, one or two of the 1938 contract with Hookless zippers are already on our website at £425

Cheers

Ken

stevetfire

Thanks Ken, personally I like hearing from the makers and admire the dedication and rampant enthusiasm it takes to to be involved in such a specialized market .....cheers John :)

Rutger

Well, I sure appreciate the input, and I'd like to see more of it.
If time allows, I'd like to know a little more about Aero's future policy regarding the development of A2's.

Dr H

Ken at Aero Leather said:
I'm well aware I'm sticking my head into The Lion's Den by posting on VLJ considering how popular Aero seems to be on here

Hi Ken
Good to hear from you - some nice jackets in the most recent collection.
I think that VLJF gets a bit of an unwarranted rep in this regard on FL, but there you go.
It's not helped by some of the equally blinkered and partial (bordering on sycophantic) comments on FL that rub some (okay me :roll: ) up the wrong way.
In any case, welcome.