• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAF T shirts

Jake431

Grant said:
Hey Jake,
Is the shirt all cotton or a cotton/polyester blend?

It's an all cotton American Apparel shirt. I had my Grandfather's name and serial # printed on the back of the shirt as well.

For the price, I think it's a good deal. Good quality shirt, the front AAF logo and back name stencil looks nice.

-Jake

Grant

Nice job on the t-shirt designs. It's insane what original AAF t-shirts and sweatshirts sell for in the vintage clothing collector's world. They go nuts for these! Here's a photo of a cool sweatshirt design I've posted on the forum before (from the collection of a major vintage dealer here in NYC). Wouldn't this make a cool t-shirt?

AAF-2.jpg

TankBuster

I got mine with my name on the back. I agree with Jake,
I am very pleased at the quality and look of the T......
Very nice shirt for the price.

Grant,
That's a very cool sweatshirt. I'd love to have one of those.

DiamondDave

Greetings ALL,

Glad to hear that these are being well received. Even John Chapman has gotten into the act on a new one that I just created... (weird having John owe me money for a change!)

Here is the newest shirt. This one is copied directly from another original, as are all of them.

chapman2.jpg

DiamondDave

p40warhawk said:
http://www.ackackdesigns.com/t-shirts.html

While these are interesting looking, IMHO it is more about accuracy than what these have to offer. As much as we talk about A-2 jackets, 1937 Levis, and Cafe Racer jackets, why wouldn't we be just as interested in correctness on these items as well? I personally choose something a little more like what would have been available at the time. Lastly, the blatant self promotion with the company logo on the chest is also not my thing. Also I am not sure how these are made but I would imagine that they are some sort of "iron on" transfer and not direct printed to the garment, as was correct for the time.

Again, all just my opinion.

Thoughts anyone?

DD

Jake431

Buzz Rickson shirts won't fit me. Plus I like the option of being able to make a truly custom shirt, for less.

-Jake

Tim P

of course the problem has been that this type of t shirt has been the preserve of the hardcore japanese retro americana producers who, the more they ask for an item the more special it is deemed to be and the more they sell.

I think Daves tees give these a run for their money especially with the custom option.

ausreenactor

Dave..

Received MY personalised Tee today, with some hat I bought off eBay (Just Joking Dave...review..uh hum RAVE REVIEW to follow). I love the look of them, and the fact I could pick one of the bases for Troop Carrier Command was even better. A bit of an ego boost with my Service Number on the back too. Bought and received a pair of Buzz Ricksons shirts last week. While the quality is good they are quite expensive. I fill out a Medium fine...which is a plus...But the AAF tees are authentic, priced very well and VERY accessible. Copying photos and using busted english to get my message across to the guys in Japan was a time consuming burden...

Keep up the good work!!

Couchy