• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

aaaaarrrrggggghhhh!! heeeeeeeeelp!!!!

wop54

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
9f3467b2.jpg

fishmeok

Don't freak out- that's an easy fix. Just a couple missed stitches on the waistband.

Cheers
Mark

wop54

fishmeok said:
Don't freak out- that's an easy fix. Just a couple missed stitches on the waistband.

Cheers
Mark
Thanks Mark, Ill take it to the jacket hospital tomorrow! :D

Roughwear

This just adds to the vintage appearance of your 1401-P. It is easy to fix with some matching thread and a few minutes careful sewing.

rgraham

If that's a sleeve, the same thing happened on my beloved GWL 27752. I was tugging on the cuff of the jacket while taking the jacket off. No real harm, as it can't be seen unless you are looking for it. I now pull off the sleeves by pulling on the leather past the cuff.

wop54

rgraham said:
If that's a sleeve, the same thing happened on my beloved GWL 27752. I was tugging on the cuff of the jacket while taking the jacket off. No real harm, as it can't be seen unless you are looking for it. I now pull off the sleeves by pulling on the leather past the cuff.
It's the waistband. And I know that Im guilty... I always pull the jacket down when I seat in my car, in order to avoid the bends in the back... From now on i will not wear it whilst driving...

Dr H

Don't stress Carlo - wear the jacket in the car, my wartime jackets both have evidence of folds/creases and/or harness wear.

Marv

I agree, wear it in the car....folds/creases are good and just make the jacket look even better.

ausreenactor

G'day!

If the repairer is good enough they should be able to tidy that up with the stitching on the inside!

Stay calm and carry on!!

Couchy

wop54

Thanks everibody for your help, I took my pills and feel calm now :)
I decided to keep wearing my a2 in the car, no mater the folds and creases and to take the jacket to a local "sewing shop" when the wearing season will be over!

dmar836

On repros, I try to keep my arms as straight as possible and wear them only when standing! Driving is out of the question!