• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 vs A2

wop54

Hi Everybody!

Its hard to compare two different A2s, one of them a quality repro and the other just a fine jacket, but I still did that... The contendents are: on your right ELC Star HH, on your left Cockpitusa Goatskin..Enjoy the fight!!!
Goatskin vs HH
DSC05622.jpg

Epauletts
DSC05640.jpg

46 ELC VS 44 COCKPIT
DSC05639.jpg

Backcollars
DSC05633.jpg

Woolknit
DSC05630.jpg

Collars and Labels
DSC05627.jpg

Cheers, Carlo

jacketimp

Re: A2 vs A2 But Not a Fair Fight...

wop54 said:
Hi Everybody!

Its hard to compare two different A2s, one of them a real repro and the other just a fine jacket, but I still did that... The contendents are: on your right ELC Star HH, on your left Cockpitusa Goatskin..Enjoy the fight but remember: I wont take any bet!!!

Cheers, Carlo

amico, trying to figure out what's a real repro?

wop54

jacketimp said:
wop54 said:
Hi Everybody!

Its hard to compare two different A2s, one of them a real repro and the other just a fine jacket, but I still did that... The contendents are: on your right ELC Star HH, on your left Cockpitusa Goatskin..Enjoy the fight but remember: I wont take any bet!!!

Cheers, Carlo

amico, trying to figure out what's a real repro?
:lol: u r right thats nonsense!!!!! I meant a true fake....

jack aranda

Hello, wop54:
Your pics are excellent; I've worn jackets with hides similar to both of these fine jackets. I like the grain of the ELC; it looks like it has more 'spine' to it, not quite as soft. Totally subjective, I know, and done from pics, but, still, you asked.

A

Anonymous

Hi Carlo the difference between a good photograper and a photograper is a tripod .Your in low light ,so that means slow speed and is prone to camera shake and blurred pictures .Just thought it would help .Rgds Jeff .

zoomer

The Ccokpit product you get in Europe might be different than in the USA.
The A-2 available here still has the great big pockets, and I don't think they're doing a goatskin model.
CockpitWWII%20Government%20Issue%20A-2%20Jacket.jpg

wop54

deeb7 said:
zoomer said:
The Ccokpit product you get in Europe might be different than in the USA.
The A-2 available here still has the great big pockets, and I don't think they're doing a goatskin model.

Here's the Cockpit range at Classicjet ....

http://www.classicjet.com/store/cart.ph ... _list&c=26

They do an A-2 in goatskin, and the Govt. issue WW11 style is horse.
Hello deeb7, Actually my Cockpit is the post ww2 Govn. reissue repro (i think since 1982?) with no
side-entry pockets, goatskin and a "more modern" cut. I bought it directly from their NYC shop. Only after my purchase i found the acmedepot website and decided to get a "real repro :)". Now im targeting an ElC winter jacket (uk pound is very low these days) Cheers Carlo

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

wop54 said:
Now im targeting an ElC winter jacket (uk pound is very low these days) Cheers Carlo

Good plan, Carlo .... and it's a great Star. :cool:

wop54

DUBOWA2 said:
Hi Carlo the difference between a good photograper and a photograper is a tripod .Your in low light ,so that means slow speed and is prone to camera shake and blurred pictures .Just thought it would help .Rgds Jeff .
Thanks for your tip! I will use a tripod next time,my has got one (shes the good photographer of the family!). Cheers, Carlo