• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A1 Admiral Headwind pictures being worn

Persimmon

I recently posted a small review of a recent purchase of a A1 jacket adapted to my specification with a revised collar.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18690

I did say I would try and post some pics of it being worn and here we are.

I have tried to show the jacket in both front and back views. In addition some of the shots show the jacket fully unbuttoned as I sometimes wear it but also when it is "half" buttoned as I do tend to wear it and finally with the jacket fully buttoned with the collar also popped closed.

The pictures were taken over a couple of mins in reasonable sunshine by my son with as much interest as he could muster given that he was still wearing his motorcycle helmet using the camera as we were scheduled to be going out on a ride and he just wanted to go !!

N.B. I did want to put on the poppers at the bottom when it was fully buttoned to get that shot as well but I forgot !

Skyhawk

Great fit! Looks excellent Alan. I have been wearing my test jacket quite a bit lately. it is graining up quickly. Here's a shot of the arm showing some nice character developing:

Skyhawk

Andrew said:
Very nice work indeed. Very classy. How much are these again?

Thank you!
The VLJ Forum price is:

$475 for the regular sizes
$525 for custom sizes
Shipping is included

Regards,
Jay

johnwayne

Hi Alan
As with your ELC A1 it's pretty much the perfect fit - I'm tempted myself but need to offload some before I go for it!!
cheers
Wayne

Andrew

Thanks Jay, would a 46L be considered standard? :)

The difficult decision for me would be the choice of collar. Alan's collar looks sensational and I like the way it sits comfortably without needing to arrange it but my inclination would be to stick with the original design. I dont suppose you could post a shot similar to Alan's but with the traditional collar Jay?

I'm not in a position to buy right now (plus its the totally wrong time of year here) but it'll be a strong consideration come march next year. What's the lead time by the way?

Skyhawk

Andrew said:
Thanks Jay, would a 46L be considered standard? :)

The difficult decision for me would be the choice of collar. Alan's collar looks sensational and I like the way it sits comfortably without needing to arrange it but my inclination would be to stick with the original design. I dont suppose you could post a shot similar to Alan's but with the traditional collar Jay?

I'm not in a position to buy right now (plus its the totally wrong time of year here) but it'll be a strong consideration come march next year. What's the lead time by the way?

Hey Andrew, the standard sizes are 36-48 Regular. Longs and shorts would be custom. However, custom work is only $50 so it's still an excellent deal. Plus if you buy through the forum you automatically get $50 off retail prices. Production time varies right now between 3 to 6 weeks.

Here's some shots of the standard A-1 collar. I wear it folded down unless it's cold or raining. It is comfortable and very functional.

Regards,
Jay

Andrew

Thanks for the info and pics Jay, as its now coming into summer here i'll be saving the idea till next year. Boardshorts only from here on....