• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A VLJ get-together at Wright-Pat

mulceber

Hi All, since Burt and I met up at the National Museum of the Air Force at Wright-Patterson AFB last year, he and I have been talking about organizing a VLJ get-together there. Now, for the past week or so, a few of us - @B-Man2 of course, but also @YoungMedic, @entertainment, and @Nnatalie (naturally enough) - have been getting started putting together this visit, and we'd like all of your input. So, if you are interested in meeting your fellow board members, hanging out, looking at awesome planes and equally awesome flight jackets, please look at the dates below, and respond with the date(s) you would be able to attend, in order of preference.
  • April 6th-7th, 2024
  • July 6th-7th, 2024
  • October 12th-13th, 2024
We'll be in touch with more information about accommodations, stuff to do outside of the museum, and such, once we've got a date nailed down. Also, if anyone would be interested in helping to plan this, we're open to involving more people in the process. :)

(For the record, my preference is "not July," because it would be nice to do this during jacket weather, but I'll happily attend any of them)

Last edited:

WingAndaPrayer

Hi All, since Burt and I met up at the National Museum of the Air Force at Wright-Patterson AFB last year, he and I have been talking about organizing a VLJ get-together there. Now, for the past week or so, a few of us - @B-Man2 of course, but also @YoungMedic, @entertainment, and @Nnatalie (naturally enough) - have been getting started putting together this visit, and we'd like all of your input. So, if you are interested in meeting your fellow board members, hanging out, looking at awesome planes and equally awesome flight jackets, please look at the dates below, and respond with the dates you would be able to attend, in order of preference.
  • April 6th-7th, 2024
  • July 6th-7th, 2024
  • October 12th-13th, 2024
We'll be in touch with more information about accommodations, stuff to do outside of the museum, and such, once we've got a date nailed down. Also, if anyone would be interested in helping to plan this, we're open to involving more people in the process. :)

(For the record, my preference is "not July," because it would be nice to do this during jacket weather, but I'll happily attend any of them)
I would vote for October. The weather might be cool enough to wear a flight jacket around.

mulceber

So as the opinion currently stands:

5 6 7 for October
1 for July*
3 for April**

*voter expressed no preference among the available options.
**voters also were in favor of October.

Looks very much like it's going to be October, but are there any other people who would like to weigh in?

Last edited:

mulceber

Yeah, I think we're basically there. Unless anyone has a serious objection to October, that'll be the date. We'll be posting again in the next couple weeks with more details. :)