• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Special Gift From a Friend (L2B)

mbaquerizo

The jacket that initially sparked my interest in vintage Nylon, was recently passed down to me as a birthday gift from a close friend and collector.

Interested in hearing any information regarding the contact, besides the little I already know. This is my second L2B, the first being an Buzz Repro that doesn't fit quite as well, or have details as spot on when compared to this one.

I guess I can care less about it's worth, since it was a gift I have no intention of selling, but regardless if anyone has any insight into it I'd love to know.

1z4x4cl.jpg

34g366p.jpg

5qvbs.jpg

33vkmc6.jpg

Sorry if these images are small, the actual photos taken with my phone can be seen at the link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7191215@N03/

Thanks for reading!

watchmanjimg

Great jacket and patches. The 75th Military Airlift Squadron flew the mighty C-5A Galaxy beginning in 1970 but my guess is that this earlier L-2B is more likely from the unit's C-141 era. As I understand it the designation of "Military Airlift Squadron" took effect in 1966, so assuming it's original as configured there's a very good chance this jacket was worn during the unit's service in Vietnam. In any case it's a beauty!

mbaquerizo

watchmanjimg,

Thank you so much for the info! from the small bit of info i was given, the jacket was sold by the son of the owner, and yes, he was serving and wore this jacket during Vietnam.

Thanks again!