• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A reminder...

siddhartha

Administrator
Gentlemen,

It is sad that I have to remind some of you of our basic rules here, but things have been getting a bit out of hand.

First off-personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated. I am not going to waste my time, or the time of the other mods to referee your public fights. Take those offline, or you will be taking yourselves offline here. There will not be a warning-people have already been banned.

Second-Be respectful of others here. Again, you are MY guests here, in my virtual home, and I want people to get along. Differing opinions are welcome, so listen, and you might learn something.

Third-try to keep on topic. It's great to read the threads about motorcycles, beer, watches, other hobbies, but the focus of THIS board is jackets. I have been fairly lenient with the behavior in the LBTI section, but will not tolerate exceptions to the two rules above.

Thanks

Chris

A

Anonymous

Beer, Motorcycles, and watches are Leather jacket accessories.

better duck

Couldn't agree more! Well put and a shame you have to remind us of this. I am often amazed how personal and abusive some people get when they operate in the virtual world of the internet, hidden behind an avatar and nickname.

siddhartha

Administrator
Well-I think that I put too much faith in the members to govern themselves. The vast majority here can do just that, but there have been a few troublemakers. They will no longer be tolerated, and will be summarily dismissed.

I had to ban a person last night for just such behavior, and while I am not happy to do it, it will be done if needed

Chris

A

Anonymous

siddhartha said:
Well-I think that I put too much faith in the members to govern themselves. The vast majority here can do just that, but there have been a few troublemakers. They will no longer be tolerated, and will be summarily dismissed.

I had to ban a person last night for just such behavior, and while I am not happy to do it, it will be done if needed

Chris

Other than being a serial muppet, what specifically did p40 do in this instance that resulted in summary execution? Would be nice to know where the line in the sand is.

siddhartha

Administrator
"Line in the sand" is easy to figure out-simply read the rules, and the announcements as to conduct here on the forum

Use common sense, and respect the membership/mods

That's it

Specifically-he violated these terms, and when told to shape up, challenged it. Thus-gone

Chris

A

Anonymous

Bit sad to see him go, I enjoyed his posts. Too bad he was not one of the sacred cows around here. I say that fully aware I am on the launch pad. Thanks for putting up with my BS BTW.

bfrench

Administrator
wing nut said:
Bit sad to see him go, I enjoyed his posts. Too bad he was not one of sacred cows around here. I say that fully aware I am on the launch pad. Thanks for putting up with my BS BTW.

Hi, Folks,

Some of the decisions made behind the scenes are not very easy and aren't taken light heartedly.

But this is siddhartha's (Chris') home where he hosts a means for us to learn about vintage and repro jackets and collecting / trading them.

His home / his rules - and they aren't many.

If you feel threatened about being on a launch pad, them maybe a little comparison between your behavior and the rules would be long overdue.

All of you know that we pretty well let the membership settle the small storms that arise in our teapots and for the vast majority of the time it works very well.

But, lately, it has been getting out of hand especially with the verbal abuse toward each other, baiting other members and bleeding over into sections where this acrimony shouldn't happen.

It's summer time in most of the jacket world - except for our friends who live in the upside down part - and maybe that's part of the problem - not enough physical contact with the leather - but that still doesn't make up for some of the things we've let slide by.

Though, not many want to talk about it, the Life Beyond the Internet section is so dysfunctional that it really should be deleted - I see nothing productive coming out of that section and I do see a lot of damage being done - you'll never settle world problems there but you will drive away members and create enemies - you already have.

It's time you all took a hard look at this section and get it back on track and use it for something productive rather than the mud slinging discriminatory garbage heap that it has become.

I will not answer any replies to this post neither will I permit any brash tongue in cheek responses

Just take it as it is - a last chance heads up to clean it up.

And while I'm at it - the repro manufacturers have put a lot of time and effort plus untold amounts of money to bring the flight jacket industry to where it is today.

Why not celebrate their achievements instead of the continual derogatory remarks of how they make crap.

Yes they can all be better even the latest entry Good Wear - constructive criticism is good but this continual knocking of members who choose one maker over another has to stop.

If you're going to criticize someone's jacket do it constructively not derisively but while you're at it also find the good points of the product and or fit - don't make that person go cringing into the night feeling he should never show his face here again.

The Fedora Lounge has some very strict guide lines about how to treat people and their purchases.

A bit to harsh for us but at the same time we could all learn a lesson in civility from them.

As I said before - don't bother replying to this or resorting to frivolous banter in this thread - this is nothing more than a heads up to clean up.

Bill French