• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Message From Aero Leather USA

AeroLeatherUSA

Hello, Everyone…

As many of you are aware, Aero Leather USA is an independently owned, small business trying to succeed in difficult economic times. We sincerely appreciate the patronage of our customers over the past 12 years, as well as the working relationship we have had with Aero Leather Clothing Company, Scotland. It is with deep regret that we announce that our business will be closing. We will be working in mutual agreement with the Aero Factory to contact customers with outstanding orders and make the necessary arrangements for the fulfillment of these orders. Any future inquiries about Aero Leather products should be made directly with the factory at [email protected], or by visiting their Website at http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com.

My friend, business associate and the founder of Aero, Ken Calder, has temporarily come out of retirement to help Will Lauder (The Managing Director), Amanda Stephens (Company Secretary) and myself deal with any issues that might arise over the closing of Aero Leather USA. Ken's daughter Holly has been back at Aero for the last year or so, and his son Denny will also be rejoining the firm later this year. With Will's son Brendan now promoted through the ranks to become another important member of the factory team the full Aero family will soon be back in place to hopefully smooth out any other issues that might arise.

Kindest Regards,

Mark Moye
Aero Leather USA
[email protected]

John Lever

Very sorry to hear that Mark, I am sure we all wish you the best for the future and that you remain a member here.

Stony

I met Mark Moye about 10 years ago when he came out to the Museum of Flight in Seattle when I was working there. He brought Jerome with him and the museum store bought some India goat A-2s that they sold. He also gave me an excellent deal on an Aero A-2.

Mark, I wish you well and please shoot me a PM sometime so we can catch up.

Cheers,

Stony

MikeyB-17

That is a shame. Back along, you were always hearing people on the jacket forums saying what excellent service they'd had from Mark. As Peter says, a sign of the times. The way things are these days, I have to say I find it hard to envisage me buying another repro jacket new. All the best to you, Mark.

Persimmon

Seems from the post trail on the Hat Lounge that some shady practises may have been happening in Aero USA.

Some folks may have lost a fair sum of money, jackets not being ordered, folks waiting two years for jackets, misrepresentation of the Aero brand name, etc

If it wasn't so distressing to the "customers" and the Aero team in Scotland trying to pick up the pieces it would be almost a soap opera.

Atticus

Amazing. Over on Fedora Lounge, the rending of clothing and the tearing of hair over Aero USA’s unfulfilled orders is at a fever pitch right now. Over here, the announcement has generated about as much interest as a Mitt Romney speech. I’m guessing that no VLJers got stuck holding the bag in this soap opera? Or we’ve got so much money we can stand to lose a grand every now and then?

Or maybe we just all deal with Goodwear?

AF

Dr H

I think you're right Geoff, much less investment in Aero here I feel, proportionately more ELC and GWL.
I feel for the posters on the Black Pages - amazing how many caught up in it and over such a period...

2jakes

Perhaps that is the frustrations of those who feel that after having not only given
their money but faith , feel betrayed & the forum is an outlet to vent this situation. I'm
wondering how I would feel if it was me in that situation. What do you think?

m444uk

2jakes said:
On a positive note ; [email protected] has offers for
members who invested in Aero products . Good Luck !

Didn't strike me as a very generous offer. Aero would still be making their normal profit margin as per a trade sale.
I can't imagine the guy who had more than $2000 in undelivered orders will fancy shelling out more :(

m444uk

2jakes said:
Perhaps that is the frustrations of those who feel that after having not only given
their money but faith , feel betrayed & the forum is an outlet to vent this situation. I'm

I'm amazed how polite most have been.

In the UK distances are smaller. I'm sure people would doorstop the miscreant mob handed with friends from the rugby club :evil:

Atticus

2jakes said:
No doubt in my mind. I'd be as mad as a wet hen. But I might have a few remedies available to me beyond just internet outrage. Might not get me my money back...but they'd make me feel better about having lost it. :twisted:

AF

ButteMT61

m444uk said:
2jakes said:

I'm amazed how polite most have been.

In the UK distances are smaller. I'm sure people would doorstop the miscreant mob handed with friends from the rugby club :evil:

My wife asked me if I thought someone might (or had) do that. I said, well, I would. :eek:
But yeah, not a great idea.

2jakes

In a bike forum…newbie working on his bike project , proud as can be , posts pics
in the forum. "Purists" in the forum just tear in & dissect as this not correct & wrong
color and so on. Newbie retorts & vows never to display ever again on the forum.
Feeling bad, I reply to the guys to "lighten" up, it's his first project. I posted to the
newbie that being a forum,it's open to public opinion & in their way were telling him
what was right, I asked him to never loose the joy of his hobby for there are those
individuals who appreciate things as they are. Reminds me of the song by Rick Nelson
at the "garden party"'…..you can't please everybody…just please yourself ! Not sure if
that's exactly the wording, But I hope you get the idea, I apologize if I have strayed from
the topic , but what's happening with the Aero situation , I feel a little sad right now !

Members online

Latest posts