• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple of jackets i have been offered

Roughwear

I bought mine some years ago from the author in Japan. It cost rather a lot of money, but has been invaluable in dating specific contracts.

Silver Surfer

you can still contact aota [aoata mituhiro] for a copy. google his name and or "full gear". if i am not mistaken, the price is appx $200. the book is invaluable for all of the info aota has put in it, and covers all types of flight gear, from the 1930s through the 1970s. in a few minor areas his info is incorrect or incomplete. the text is in japanese, but the listings, dates, and makers are in english. a copy should be in every flight jacket collectors library. he has also written what is the definitive book on zippers.

littlebuddy

As a matter of interest , would it be a wise move to try and clean up the patches on the G1 ,or should i leave them well alone ?

Carl

oose

To be honest a always kind of like the dirt, unless its a big dollop of tomato Ketchup dropped out the back of a burger at a recent bbq!, so I say leave it but its your call.
All the best
Stu

Skyhawk

Don't wash the patches! It gives the jacket the aged, authentic look it should have. A lot of people try and get that look on patches by dirtying them up and sanding them. You got the real deal there so leave it as is and enjoy!